Vista Installed 56k Warning

Duelus

You have to use the "burn image" option, not create a new DVD and drag the file onto it. Best way to do it is open up NERO burning ROM, cancel the wizard type thing, and then go to Recorder -> Burn image. Then just find the ISO and double click it.

I have nero 5 and when it starts up it asks you "What would you like to burn?"

Just click the Disc image or saved project, then it will open a file dialog box. Choose your iso from there.

Right now i'm installing ubuntu, hopefully it works.

A more interesting question I think is can you tell it does something better than the previous version? After all, if it didn't, then what's the point, really?

After following MS upgrades since windows 3.1 i've found that usually the new version feels pretty much the same as the old version when its first released. Then after 1-2 years of using it you go to fix a mates computer thats running the old version, thats when you really start to notice the improvements.

Only thing I want to know about vista is: Can I make it look like Windows 2000 again?

Thanks!

LOL, you don't want to use gaim to get onto AOL either,

Darren has a fear of high memory applications.

:lol: Just take a lunge into the unknown :lol:

:D Cool graphics FTW!!! :D

Well, I'd have to side with Darren on that one. I have better uses for my machine than to waste resources on some silly shadow backdrop for the damned mouse.

Or some scroll-open effect on menus. I _REALLY_ hate those. When I click on the menu, it's because there's something in there that I want to access. I don't want to wait for some piece of UI eyecandy before I can click on the thing.

It's like what they say, machines have gotten faster year after year, but it still takes just as long to do most things. You still have to wait half a minute for the machine to boot up. You still have to wait 15 seconds for the word processor to start up.

Just for kicks, install Windows 95 or something on your machine. If only for a little while because we all know it's as unstable and insecure as Iraq. Turn off all the eye candy in there. Now reboot and try doing stuff. The thing just FLIES!

I used to piss off the front-end devs at work because I ran a really basic version of Windows 95 in VMWare. Had a version of IE on it that was supposed to be supported by the front-end, but nobody really runs anymore (5.0 I think). I kept running into all these weird browser bugs, and they really had to dig to figure out what was wrong. :)

Eventually they wisened up and stated that they only supported IE5.5 and up on W2K/WNT or better.

VMWare is kinda slow, but when you run Win95 in it with all eye candy off and stuff, it's pertty workable.

Darren: Yes you can change it to the classic windows style.

So far I have already re-installed XP becuase I didn't like Vista. Its so Stupid when I click on an application it always asks "Are you sure you want to run this, Windows needs you permissions to run this application It could be dangerous" and so far there is no way to turn that off. I didn't like it. But we will see what the future has instore for us, possibly a decent version of Vista?

...when I click on an application it always asks "Are you sure you want to run this, Windows needs you permissions to run this application It could be dangerous"

Much like games with saving and exiting... "Are you sure you want to exit?" "Are you sure you want to load this game?". And the "No" button is always the one highlighted too.