digi cam copying laptop thing

melodic

right :P me n some friends are going out filming next weekend. and the plan is to use my 1gb duo with the adapter in my digi cam (sony dsc-p73) and i workd out i can get 35mins of decent footage on the 1gb stick...but we wanna record more than 35mins. ive got a oldish laptop with a 9gb drive in it. wat we wanna do is set the laptop up as a host for the video from the camera. so we film 35mins of footage n then dump it on the laptop for storage and then have a fresh formatted 1gb card 2 use again. n so on.

this laptop is XP.

is there any progs that can do this? or will i b best off with just dragging and dropping the video on 2 the laptop??

any help to make this automatic will b good :)

ok, this should do it

copy this and throw it into notepad and save it as something like 'copy.bat'

@ECHO OFF

ECHO When ready to copy,

PAUSE

CLS

XCOPY /YE "E:*" "%HOMEPATH%DesktopFolder*" 

ECHO.

ECHO Copying Finished

PAUSE

Then, just double click on it when you want to copy.

Or, if you make another text file called 'autorun.inf' (with the following) and throw it in the root of the memory stick alongside the batch file, it should run automatically when you insert the card.

[autorun]

open=copy.bat

If you are interested in the autorun, you *may* have to change something in the windows registry to get it to do it. I can help with that if need be.

dude i totally forgot lol...this laptop doesnt have a keyboard lol can u take out the press enter thing?

ROFL, ok try this:

@ECHO OFF

CLS

XCOPY /YE "E:*" "%HOMEPATH%DesktopFolder*"

ECHO.

ECHO Copying Finished

PAUSE>NUL

It will stay open until you close the window (like with the [X])

if you'd rather that it close automatcially after a certain amount of time you could replace that last line with the following 2. (I think this would work)

@ping localhost -n #

EXIT

where # is the number of seconds

Or if you just want it to close without really showing you anything or involving you, then just put the word EXIT as the last line instead.