Pandora not loading FIX (NO LONGER NEEDED)

Razor512

as many people may know, pandora doesnt seem to be loading anymore  (as reported in this topic http://forums.hak5.org/index.php/topic,6714.0.html  )

This problem is really annoying and  I am having trouble fixing it. I was able to come up with a fix  but I have no way of knowing how it will work on other computers or  for how long it may work  so it would be really good  if someone can test out  this new version  and post how it works for them.

so if you want, you can test this version out for a few days and see how it works for you 

and for those who are interested,  the problem is located here 

<div id="TunerContainer">
            <iframe src="http://www.pandora.com/?cmd=mini" scrolling=no id="tunerFrame" name="tunerFrame"></iframe>
            <script type="text/javascript" src="js/pandora.js"></script>
        </div>

Download link below  (i'm leaving the link but this update is no longer needed  as it was just a temp fix)

http://www.mediafire.com/?6x8xzlgbe9g

Thanks for the fix Razor!  All seems back to normal... I haven't taken the time to see what you changed in the script, but it's doing the job (at least for now lol) If you do have a chance, I might benefit the rest of us to see what you changed to get it to work.  Thanks again!

while working on fixing it,  I couldn't really figure out what to do to fix this problem so  i did a temp fix

since  to get pandora to load, everyone was right clicking on the pandora window  then going to  show only this frame, then going back,  so what i did was to make pandora do that automatically

by adding this to it

(had to  take a pic of the  code as when ever i tried to paste it into the topic, it says (The message contains black listed URL(s))

untitled1kf4.gif

i'm just hoping that  a real fix can be made

Thanks for the fix Razor, it's working even better (seeing as I had the earlier version of PJ - which screwed up the display of the top row of PJ buttons).

I'm Running Vista Ultimate; Firefox 2. 0. 0. 4; Inn03d Geforce 7600GT; Flash 8. 0 r24.

I see that the Default. Properties file is much smaller.  Mine has only the following 4 lines, is this correct?

#uncomment the following line to set your preferred storage dir

# NOTE:  Forward Slashes!!

#mp3. archive. path=C:/pandora/

mp3. retry. count=10

Retrieving the Album name is still very hit and miss, though.

Thanks for all your efforts.

for me, it  almost never makes a mistake  as long as i don't click on grab this track before the music actually starts to play.

the problem with this new fix is that theres a  bigger delay between the song changing and pandoras jar updating

so if the song changes and  you click  grab this track  too soon, it  rips the previous song. 

I wish  everyone who was working on  this would come back. they were much better at this and would have been able to fix it. 

I'm trying out the new version on this thread. . .  while it does load pandora into the window right (I didn't before. . . ) none of the songs rip.

I have Flash 8, and modded the plugin. dat file to have "9. 0. 21 d55"  and it worked before Pandora's most recent change.

If you need anymore info to help get it working, let me know.

Hi to everyone

i am new and i used pandoras jar before it was still working outside U. S.  cause i live in Italy.

Now i can listen to pandora but thanx to Privoxy that is a proxy exstension for firefox. . .  now i am able to listen to pandora music normally when i type www. pandora. com and have access to my old account.

But pandoras jar doesn't work for me! If i use privoxy it load a white page with something related to pandoras jar, it seems to be that is doesn't load java and graphics thing. . .  if i don't use privoxy pandoras jar seems to work (the java and the graphics) but withouth privoxy tells me that i live outside U. S.  and there is nothing that i can do!

Please help me if you can!

Anyway thx for all

sorry for my bad english

Okay... I reinstalled 7.4.0 Beta and it loaded right up fine.  But when it went to rip it gave me an "Unable to rip mp3...." error.

I popped open the log.  I hope this helps:

INFO Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - Mp3 file was not located retrying after 1 second. loop count: 3

DEBUG Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor -

***processing directory: Temp***

***processing directory: plugtmp***

DEBUG Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - file prod.tuner is not an mp3

DEBUG Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - recent non mp3 file found: prod.tuner - will continue to next file

DEBUG Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - no more mp3 found in dir

***processing directory: hsperfdata_USER***

DEBUG Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - unable to parse file: C:DOCUME~1USER~1LOCALS~1Temphsperfdata_USER1732 marking file as non-mp3

DEBUG Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - recent non mp3 file found: 1732 - will continue to next file

DEBUG Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - file STS5FF.tmp is not an mp3

DEBUG Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - recent non mp3 file found: STS5FF.tmp - will continue to next file

DEBUG Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - file wmplog17.sqm is not an mp3

INFO Thread-2 server.Server - unable to rip MP3

java.lang.RuntimeException: unable to find file make sure you have Pandora running in a FIRFOX browser

at util.Mp3Processor.findCurrentTmpMp3(Mp3Processor.java:59)

at util.Mp3Processor.findCurrentMP3(Mp3Processor.java:25)

at servlet.ProcessAction.handleMP3Request(ProcessAction.java:31)

at server.Server.handleHTTPRequest(Server.java:110)

at server.Server.run(Server.java:83)

INFO Thread-2 server.Server - unable to rip MP3 unable to find file make sure you have Pandora running in a FIRFOX browser

Where did I screw up?

Yup...  Firefox and Flash 8.  Maybe I'll try re-installing flash 8 tonight when I get a chance.  Like I said, it worked before Pandora's latest update (which gave me the blue gradient window at first, but I seemed to have got that fixed now.)