Safari on Windows?

moonlit

You can run regular linux on a Treo 650 but there is a good reason I don't. It stops being a good phone. If you want a cool device that runs regular linux check out the nokia n770 or n800.

Apple releasing this doesn't surprise me apple and microsloth have been hand in hand ever since Bill bailed out Steve in the late 90's with the MS office for Mac deal. Apple got office and Bill got big chunk of apple stock.

I tried the thing also. Personally I can't do anything cuz as soon as I try to enter anything in a text field the broswer crashes. Now I do know my PC needs a fresh reinstall but how come IE and FF don't complain with a fatal errors when I try to search something in google :D

Downloaded yet another patch for it today and finally things render and i'm actually seeing text labels on the browser.

It takes about 30secs to a MINUTE to load some sites for me, on a 10meg line. Clearly just telling people its the fastest browser doesn't make it true.

Maybe next time they'll get off their fat asses and make their shit work BEFORE releasing a public beta.

I think you're too hard on them. As long they have the BETA in the name they could pretty much release notepad and promote it as a web browser.

"Now thats funny right there" - Larry the Cable Guy

Let me summarize my browser experience with Safari

- I open Safari and maximize the window. I am annoyed that the toolbar is misaligned with the rest of the window.

- I notice the text on web pages looks bolded. I attempt to turn it off, but there is now "off", just high, medium, and low.

- I type C: into the address bar, Safari looks back at me and drools (every other browser on earth has this one figured out).

- I go back to Apple.com and begin watching the iPhone demo video. About 1 minute in, Safari crashes without warning.

I come to the realization that I can't even brows the Apple website properly using their browser. I quickly uninstall Safari before it makes Windows bend over and pull its ass-cheeks apart for the whole internet.

Don't mean to sound dumb or nothing, but, what's the point

putting aside the geek impulse to play with anything new or different, what incentive do i have to use safari on windows

what is better about safari that is not available in any other browser on windows?