2 questions

xaero

ok i downloaded a linux distro , 669MB in .iso format, but i dont have a cd so i wanna burn on DVD. nero only accepts DVD so is it ok if i extract the .iso contents and burn them on a dvd in data format?

and is it ok to burn multiple .iso on i dvd? like 2 or 3 distro cds on 1 single dvd? is that possible?

as for extracting the contents of the iso, then burning them with nero, it works fine :D, as for the multi-images, im not quite sure, as for what i can see, you will need a program to load the individual images, so it wouldnt be easly done, but do-able, but then the images wont be on the root of the CD which will then also cause issues.

You *cannot* normally burn a CD image to a DVD, it doesn't work.

As I said though ImgBurn will make the necessary tweaks on the fly so that it will work. I don't know of any other software that does this on the fly.

As I said though ImgBurn will make the necessary tweaks on the fly so that it will work. I don't know of any other software that does this on the fly.

agreed, there is formating and sectors and shit involved, it doesnt work that easly, though shoutouts to moonlit, ive had DVD Decrypter, but didnt know it can do the converting :) Ive just always extracted the ISO (using Magic ISO) then burnt the contents as Data to the DVD, running it with Bootable options (Nero)

agreed, there is formating and sectors and shit involved, it doesnt work that easly, though shoutouts to moonlit, ive had DVD Decrypter, but didnt know it can do the converting :) Ive just always extracted the ISO (using Magic ISO) then burnt the contents as Data to the DVD, running it with Bootable options (Nero)

WinRAR will also extract ISO files :)