need help with my DVD drives

darkjoker

I am having a problem with my DVD drives for some reason they dont like RW anymore, what i mean is before i could put stuff on the and take stuff off and ect like u should be able to, but now it treats it as a closed dvd and not a RW. what can i do? is it the firmware? the dvd drives are  Lite-on Dvdrw sohw-812s  and optiarc dvdrw AD-7170A

any help would be great. thanx in advance

~Darkjoker~

When you 'delete' stuff of a RW it's actually still there taking up space, it's just listed as not accessible (you can actually get the data back becasue it's still on the disk). you need to blank the disk. I think the crappy windows burning software can do that.

but its doing that to new dvdrw's too it will only let me stick stuff on it once and then it says its full when its not, and when i blank it it still wound let me add anything more

Make sure its properly erased between uses... it doesn't *have to be*, but it's a way to make sure it's blank every time you come to use it.

Oh, and I agree with VaKo, Nero Burning ROM will do just about anything when it comes to blank and writable optical media, always the best bet if you're on Windows.