how do i remove admin locks from my computer

hanspablo

i bought it from the school, they no longer own it, they just didnt take any of their locks off.

In that case you probably want to UBUNTU!!!! :P

But seriously, you probably want to install on OS that you control... even if that happens to ultimately controlled by Microsoft,

i bought it from the school, they no longer own it, they just didnt take any of their locks off.

Tried booting into safemode as administrator and removing them?

If you don't have the password, you will have to use something like Cain(if its not fully patched, otherwise it will crash lsass.exe) to retreive it, or ophcrack live cd to recover the password. And that is only if its in a LM hash.

Otherwise, I would just wipe it out and start over anyway, since you bought it from the college, it may have other things on there your not aware of, like spyware/rootkits, etc.

Like they say. Wipe it. How can you trust that machine when clearly you're not aware of what's been done to it?

Not doing so is like running a spyware detector for the first time, finding TONS of nasties, make the spyware detector clear it all off and now assume that all your problems are fixed.