Spying on America

Cyberality

Check out this site http://digg.com/world_news/Spying_on_the_Home_Front

It links you to the PBS website for frontline, in which they did a story on the government programs in which spy on normal Americans.  They go into detail about the AT&T and NSA collaboration.  You can watch the program online and they have more information about it on the website.

I am going to say one thing (i bet i get negative karma). People complain that governments trace their illeagal computing activities to them and they blame the government. Here's a thought, Don't do the illegal activity then!! unless you have protected yourself properly.

I am going to say one thing (i bet i get negative karma). People complain that governments trace their illeagal computing activities to them and they blame the government. Here's a thought, Don't do the illegal activity then!! unless you have protected yourself properly.

Yeah, because that's the issue.

Seriously, that is probally the dumbest thing you have *ever* said Tetrasoft. You do realize that Homeland Security consider supporting the US consitutuon to be a sign of terrorist threat? And they are attempting to bring these same laws to bare on "piracy" (also known as "hey mate, i found this amazing track, want a copy? they have a gig next week and i'm so going").

-50 karma points to you

Seriously, that is probally the dumbest thing you have *ever* said Tetrasoft. You do realize that Homeland Security consider supporting the US consitutuon to be a sign of terrorist threat? And they are attempting to bring these same laws to bare on "piracy" (also known as "hey mate, i found this amazing track, want a copy? they have a gig next week and i'm so going").

-50 karma points to you

Supreme dictator Vako strikes again...

It is not only about the illegal downloading, it is about government control.  We say we are land of the free, then why should the government be spying on its own citizens. 

I may well be dictatorial, but with good reason. Saying "well just don't break laws" is simply missing the point. The laws the American and British government are installing are damaging to the things we've spent the last 10000 years fighting against. It took us this long to get to the point where I can stand outside parliament and say the things I'm saying, and they took it away. What else will they take away? Despite the fact that I'm not an American I have always had a massive respect for the constitution, and its tragic to see it ridden rough shod over.

With all the "2.0"'s out there, id say, welcome to "Big Brother 2.0". This is some scary stuff, and its not so much about them sending people to jail, but just the sheer disregaurd for our civil liberties. Our right to privacy went out the window after 9/11, and now its almost acceptable by the mainstream to allow our politicians and law makers to bring things like this to fruition.

There should be a petition to block this, the same as the one for Internet Radio, but on a much larger scale. The only problem is, everyone on it woudl probably be investigated as "potential" copyright violators, and give them more clought to come after people. Its just another tool in the Bush administrations arsenal of attacks on the American public, and with laws like this, they could always use it as a terrorist search under the name of another law like this one trying to be passed.

Bottom line, we ahve no rights anymore. They might as well burn the constitution and wipe their asses with the declaration of independence, because they sold us out. Its no longer we the people by the people, its now "those are the people, now get those people". I love my country, but I hate what people like Bush have done to it, and this is only one more step in the direction of dictatorship. The same pig headed shit we were supposed to be saving the people of Iraq from....

This is some scary stuff

What I find scary is that few people appear to feel inclined to actually do something about it.

But then it might aswell be that people are protesting it or whatever, and the media refuses to report on it because they themselves are owned by big business and through that forced to walk between the lines.

This is some scary stuff

What I find scary is that few people appear to feel inclined to actually do something about it.

And what I find scary is how few people know about it, much less watch anything that isnt about a celebrity on the news.

But then it might aswell be that people are protesting it or whatever, and the media refuses to report on it because they themselves are owned by big business and through that forced to walk between the lines.

You mean talking about it on a forum doesn't help anything??? 

Yeah, but you were being nice guys.  You saw what happened to us in September 11, and wanted to help us out.  We probably would of done the same for you.  You have been good allies, and don't forget you are joined with us in the U.S's first ever peace standing Military alliance (NATO).

afganistan is fairly justifyable, and was going ok until iraq was thrown into the mix. I don't think we'll ever know why bush was so desperate to do it, but it really screwed things over for everyone involved.

Going to be a tough for the next president who has to try to clean up his mess.

Probably the next few as well...

Bottom line is the soldiers and their families as well as innocent's of Iraq get caught in the middle. Anyone who has been there will tell you that they don't want us there. It doesn't look like its getting any better; it's only getting worse.

http://www.49abcnews.com/news/2007/may/01/...m_further_debu/

"In the battle of Iraq, the United States and our allies have prevailed," he said May 1, 2003.

But the mission, is far from accomplished. Since that May Day, more than 3,000 American troops have lost their lives. April was the deadliest month for U.S. forces this year, with a 104 U.S. soldiers killed. The troop surge, now in it's 11th week, has failed to stop the almost daily deadly attacks throughout Iraq.

The escalating violence is not limited to the war zone. Around the world the State Department says terrorist attacks were up 25 percent last year, with a 50 percent increase in Afhganistan.

Watch This:

To everyone else, this is a given. Any civilized culture is easy to spy on because each individual citizen is so paranoid that they already spy on them selfs, and are willing to give up such information to the "Greater Good" AKA their own benefits.

Its just the basic psychology of the majority.  8)