Problems with Windows Media Encoder vs. tv-card

Lennart

Hi

I'm planning to be doing some CoD2 match webcasts, and I therefore need something to capture in game gfx.

Right now I'm using my laptop to do the spectating and my regular computer with a tvcard to capture a signal from my laptop (Cloned extra screen by S-VHS). I can play the signal perfectly in VLC, but it only shows up as a green screen with a few pixels of the correct video in the top, in Windows Media Encoder... Ive been playing around with it for some while now without any success... Its getting pretty annoying...

I use an ASUS My Cinema-P7131 Hybrid, with standard drivers and the newest version of Windows Media Encoder.

Thanks ind advance :)

And btw; all my spelling errors are free :P

Hi

I'm planning to be doing some CoD2 match webcasts, and I therefore need something to capture in game gfx.

Right now I'm using my laptop to do the spectating and my regular computer with a tvcard to capture a signal from my laptop (Cloned extra screen by S-VHS). I can play the signal perfectly in VLC, but it only shows up as a green screen with a few pixels of the correct video in the top, in Windows Media Encoder... Ive been playing around with it for some while now without any success... Its getting pretty annoying...

I use an ASUS My Cinema-P7131 Hybrid, with standard drivers and the newest version of Windows Media Encoder.

Thanks ind advance :)

And btw; all my spelling errors are free :P

Have u tried recording with FRAPS? friends who goto a lot of LAN's (for our area that like 2 a month but still :D) they use the server to goto spect mode, then run FRAPS to record the play to XVID.

The problem is that VLC can only show the feed from the TV-Card. I need to get in to Windows Media Encoder, so I can stream that to an offsite dedicated server, which then will stream it to the viewers.. Im trying to make live internet tv :P

Edit: Heres a quick and rough drawup of what I need :)

media.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Heres a little update... Ive now made it work using VLC. My only problem is now delay.

I need to somehow make a 30 second delay, so the teams cant spy on each other.

Youre all very good with VLC.. So tell me :P

I found a way to do it my self :) I just make one instance of VLC record the stream, and an other instance of VLC streaming the recorded file. So if I want a 5 minutes delay, I just record for 5 minutes, before i start the streaming... Piece of cake :D

I found a way to do it my self :) I just make one instance of VLC record the stream, and an other instance of VLC streaming the recorded file. So if I want a 5 minutes delay, I just record for 5 minutes, before i start the streaming... Piece of cake :D
you should create a set up guide someone else (like me) might want to do this...