Computer Motherboard Failure? ASUS P5WD2-E Premium

astromodder

I was doing a simple hard drive upgrade, replacing my old one with a new one, and after I installed the new drive and powered my computer back on there was no video or any beep codes.  Everything was receiving power as it would.  I then took out the new hard drive and reinstalled the old one and still got nothing.  I then went on to swapping out individual parts to see if I could determine the problem.  I started out with the video card, then the RAM, then finally the Power Supply.  All three hard drives and the optical drives were completely disconnected while doing this.  When replacing the parts the computer was completely unplugged and I was wearing an anti-static wrist strap.  I am assuming that the motherboard has somehow just gone bad.  If I am wrong about this please correct me.  Any ideas on what I should do now?  I have owned this motherboard for less than 1 year.  On the ASUS website for warranties it said contact the reseller, so I contacted ZipZoomFly however they do not sell this motherboard anymore.  Any ideas on what I should do now?  I currently have not received a reply from ZipZoomFly.

Make Sure that you have the IDE/SATA Cables are Securly in. So easy to think they are in but have not clicked.

Check that you Have made the New one a Master Drive. I Removed the Pin from an Old One but didnt put it in the New One.

Check That you haven't cut any wires by mistake. Done that on my Motherboard Power.

Make Sure that you have the IDE/SATA Cables are Securly in. So easy to think they are in but have not clicked.

Check that you Have made the New one a Master Drive. I Removed the Pin from an Old One but didnt put it in the New One.

Check That you haven't cut any wires by mistake. Done that on my Motherboard Power.

Did you read his post? He said "All three hard drives and the optical drives were completely disconnected while doing this." so it's nothing to do with the drive.

Anyway, astromodder, if it doesn't matter if the reseller doesn't supply the motherboard anymore, they are still the people who you need to contact.

Did you read his post? He said "All three hard drives and the optical drives were completely disconnected while doing this." so it's nothing to do with the drive.

Anyway, astromodder, if it doesn't matter if the reseller doesn't supply the motherboard anymore, they are still the people who you need to contact.

I did read the post. I was just saying, that it is easy to think it is ok when its just not in properly.

If it doesn't boot, take the mobo out of the case along with the power supply and rebuild it sans case on the bench. If it still doesn't POST them, call zipzoomfly then Asus.