HEY I NEED HELP XP LOCKED ONLY GUEST ACCOUT NEED PASSWORD!!!!

jrdchandyman2003

HEY i need help like asap please i only have BIG PROBLEM i need admin rights and i cant find my password for my admin account!!!!! and i dont have a bootable disk with me they are all at home and i need to get on to the account to delete some things that stupid ppl put on it like yahoo im and myspace im and there is a new virus for myspace so i need it off like NOW can you pls help me without a bootable and only using guest account? all help GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!

Is it just me or does this seem like a joke?

Just in case it isn't: Without booting into something else or access to an account with higher privileges you won't be able to do anything. Windows is actually quite secure despite what some people say about it.

Would you also like to explain why "stupid ppl" have admin access to your machine while you don't? (No they can't install anything from the guest account that you can't also remove from it) Are you sure you didn't just steal someones laptop and now you don't want them to track you by the IP-address used by the IM clients?

No they can't install anything from the guest account that you can't also remove from it

That is unless the installer doesn't need to run as an administrator and so installs what ever software it is that it installs in your home directory.

/opt/together: ACCESS DENIED!

/home/boris/together: OK!

if u still havent got your admin password you can Start up the laptop/PC and hold F8, you get a boot menu for Safe Mode etc, Select Safe Mode and let windows boot up, once the login screen pops up type the following:

Username: Administrator

Password: administrator

9 times out of 10 you will get in, then just change your admin password (it doesnt ask for previous) and reboot

Hope it helps :)

meh, he came in to IRC and asked, I directed him to the Offline NT Passwor... yadda yadda, he didn't have much luck, I told him to try again, should do the trick, it's never failed me

um, cain and able....he should be able to run it from guest account and get the passwords.

I just tryed it under a guest account and it worked.

P.S. Dont make me relive the horror of enabeling the Guest Account.

In that case you have done something stupid making your computer very insecure. I just installed a fresh copy of XP in VMWare to check this. I've installed the patches, but I have changed no security settings at all other than enabling Guest:

C:Documents and SettingsGuest>net user Administrator anewpassword

System error 5 has occurred.

Access is denied.

I just tryed it under a guest account and it worked.

P.S. Dont make me relive the horror of enabeling the Guest Account.

If they guest account is given root privledges then you need to check your config. Guest's should NEVER have root access or privledges. I usually us group policy to go one step further and make it so guests can't install anything or download anything as well. Just web surfing with the browser locked down tight and all plugins and activex turned off.

I just enabled it to test my idea. I was really worried while doing it. After i had tested it and saw that it work. I turned the guest account off quicker that Garfield Finds Lasanga.

You just enabled what? If you specifically gave the Guest account admin privileges then that's completely pointless if you were trying to prove yourself right or something; the OP wouldn't be able to do that since he claims he doesn't know the admin password on "his" laptop.

You just enabled what? If you specifically gave the Guest account admin privileges then that's completely pointless if you were trying to prove yourself right or something; the OP wouldn't be able to do that since he claims he doesn't know the admin password on "his" laptop.

Maybe he has some malware that gave his guest account escalated privledges without his knowledge? That would suck...

well just use knoppix to backup all your stuff then reformat your computer or you can you a linux boot disk so you can change you passwords if you

need any of them just e-mail me i will get them to you

Well I'm sure he's gone home by now, so this thread is irrelevant. His story was obviously a completely fabrication anyway.

He had to get the admin password for his laptop - which he doesn't know because apparently he only uses the guest account, don't know how he originally got his software on - because he urgently needed to remove some instant messenger software someone (who?) somehow put on there, because apparently there was a new virus spread via MyspaceIM; this virus zeroes your hard drive if you get it and "they" (same person as before?) said there's nothing that can "block" it.

What kind of story is that? Why he couldn't just turn his laptop off until he got home, or disconnect it from the network? Or just close the instant messaging software as I suggested earlier, I don't know.

I am, care to enlighten?

well i figured id be safe to just jump on the guest account one day and it booted up alot faster than the admin and so i just keep using it instead of using admin and i couldnt remember the password but thats done and over with i just reinstalled (backed up first using ghost) i dont know y i was so perinoid maybe just cus i was up 48hrs  running on monster(energy drink) but thanks for the help Oh and someone said use nt pass but it didnt work it didnt even work now on new install (i just tried it) but on the other one it said somthin about accounts bein locked?