Gabbly.com

digip

Has anyone noticed that you can add gabbly to any web page by adding the address to the end of the gabbly url?

EX: http://gabbly.com/http://www.google.com

Scroll down and you have the gabbly chat window at the bottom.

Now, I am not at work, but what I wanted to know is, can anyone try it and see if it works as a proxy or will it get around web filters, etc.

I am going to try it Sunday when I get back to work, but wanted to know if anyone else has tried it or if it will work around smart filters. Ever since HAK5 went to the new forum, I cannot access the page from work and smart filtering blocks the site.

Yeah, found out Sunday but wasn't able to access the forums...sux too, because were already using a proxy, so I can't exactly add one to get out of the internal network. I even tried vnc'ing home with a ssh but they are blocking it on the firewall side, so, I can't get my Hak5 fix at work anymore. Sux, cause the wife yells at me for spending too much time on the forums and not enough time with her and I can't get to them at work, so now I have to "budget" my time online.

Well, it depends on how the Pages are Filtered. If it is Filtered by URL or Page Title (uncommon now) it would bypass it.

You're wrong. Stuff in iframes is retrieved with a separate request and it will still be blocked, it makes no difference.

You're wrong. Stuff in iframes is retrieved with a separate request and it will still be blocked, it makes no difference.

The old Filtering system in school did it that way (now it is websence) so we just created a little site to put the main page in an iframe. It dosent care about requests. it was local software that looked at all the open IE windows.

The old Filtering system in school did it that way (now it is websence) so we just created a little site to put the main page in an iframe. It dosent care about requests. it was local software that looked at all the open IE windows.

Well in that case you're right, but if it doesn't actually look at the traffic I wouldn't call it filtering.