Lower 3rds in Sony Vegas

DJ Silent

I have NO IDEA how to do the lower thirds like you guys do.  I have sony vegas 6 and 7.  I want to be able to have lower thirds like yours displaying just that on another monitor, how do you have that overlay over another source? And also how do you pull up the menu to make lower 3rds, and how do you display them on another monitor.

• 3 weeks later...

[Text Layer]                      -----  <--- Lower Third Goes Here

[Graphic Layer]                /-----    <-------Use transitions for simple animation

[Video Layer]----------------------------------    //

[Audio Layer]----------------------------------  (o.o)_/  <---Strange bunny type creature

/_/_

[Text Layer]                      -----   <--- Lower Third Goes Here

[Graphic Layer]                /-----    <-------Use transitions for simple animation

[Audio Layer]----------------------------------   (o.o)_/  <---Strange bunny type creature

/_/_

:O the magic of hak5, they can pull a bunny outta there A/V layers

• 3 months later...

[Text Layer]                      -----  <--- Lower Third Goes Here

[Audio Layer]----------------------------------  (o.o)_/  <---Strange bunny type creature

/_/_

:O the magic of hak5, they can pull a bunny outta there A/V layers

Sorry I forgot to elaborate in my initial question. What I wanted to know is how you do the overlays in a live show. And a step by step segment would be awesome thanks.

-DJ Silent

• 2 weeks later...

Use the built in text tool in Vegas on a blue or green background. Set the preview output to a secondary monitor that you then pipe into your video mixer on a chroma-keyable channel. Run your mix on B and fade in the chroma-key on A when its needed. Thats the hacker way to do it. We rarely do this because it's such a pain in the ass. I'd recommend going with a true text generator if you can afford it. Check out http://www.chyron.com/

Cheers,

Darren