The New fourms

Kateweb

I know I said this already on the other SMF boards, but can we make the top logo a link to the forum index?

I assume you're talking about the main blue/white logo on the top.  Personally I think this would be better linked back to the main Hak. 5 site.  Each thread already has breadcrumbs at the top and bottom of each page.  Also just below the logo are the standard forum buttons including a "Home" link.  So that's three links back to the forum index but none(that I've noticed yet, which doesn't mean much) to the regular site.

I think maybe mods/admins are getting disproportionately plus-voted compared to how often they say or do something good. Not that I'm jealous with my measly +2/-1, oh no.

Edit: For example, moonlit (I don't have anything against moonlit, I tend to agree with his posts most of the time, but that's not the point) has made a total of 9 post since the switch to this forum 8 days ago, with an average of 14 words per post, and yet has gained a +7/-0 rating.

I know it's an unimportant and fun thing but I do think it is suffering from the Digg mentality. That is, voting down everything you don't agree with whether or not it's a proper article or comment (they really should fix that problem over there where it's actually important).

I think it's actually quite fun to see how people react to posts both positive and negative, but without being able to see what for it is a bit confusing. That confusion and that some will take the apparent "popularity contest" seriously may very likely cause some unnecessary problems. This is not a vote to remove it, it's just something for the benevolent forum overlords to think about.

I think it's actually quite fun to see how people react to posts both positive and negative, but without being able to see what for it is a bit confusing.

I have to agree, don't get me wrong I don't really care about it but from memory i cant see why i have gotten +0/-2 so it would be nice to know what people are disagreeing with, or if i am wrong CORRECT ME I'd prefer get corrected, that way I actually know more.

We're at the limits of code here people, if I can find a mod and make it work then it might get changed. But to be honest, its not that important. What I might do is rename it to something like "Totally Pointless Karma System". Quite why I have 11+, who knows.

Quite why I have 11+, who knows.

there you go +11/-1 are you happy now?

totally pointless karma system sounds like a good name, my suggestion wasnt so much as to change the system but for people to say 'thats wrong for this reason'.

on a different topic i have to say, i love the the fact you can access the forum on a smart phone, though posting is a bitch but atleast i get my dose of hak5

If you don't agree with something someone has written, hit quote, then type out your reasons. Thats what a forum is for, discussion. I might look into mods for it now as some very valid points have come up.

Personally I'm just happy about the spam problem.

Was there ssh before? And is that certificate invalid since it comes up with a different address. I know its the root host sties domain serving it, but would it work for the forums?

Was there ssh before? And is that certificate invalid since it comes up with a different address. I know its the root host sties domain serving it, but would it work for the forums?

I don't think there was SSL/TLS (which I assume you mean by ssh) before, I think it was just added. The certificate isn't properly configured, maybe a free signed certificate from StartCom would be a good idea; Firefox and Konqueror have StartCom as a trusted signing authority. Obviously a free cert isn't a good as  a proper one, but they do verify that you are the owner of the domain by emailing a confirmation code to webmaster@ or postmaster@.