• Harrison
    • Alli
    • Jenn

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I'm new to the whole Hak5 world, learning about it from Wired. What caught my eye (literally) was the fact that this isn't just a show / forum run by a bunch of geeks... No, they're hot geeks! So imagine my delight when I get to vote on who is the hottest of them all. :twisted:

Darren

Nope, it's not a sympathy vote. Wess is a damn close second place, but Darren is...well...HOT.

:?: I notice Darren wears an Alaska Grown shirt in one of the shows that I've watched so far. How does someone in Virginia come across one of our shirts?! And ... does he know what it refers to? hehe

Thanks for the vote. :)

That shirt was sent to me by my sister in Anchorage, Alaska. I know what it means ;)

You're welcome. You must have another anonymous fan, since you now have yet another vote.

Just wanted to check on the shirt... My own aunt (lives here in Anchorage) didn't know what they were about when she bought a bunch.

Sister in school here? I know Anchorage is small, but the chances that I know her are slim to none. :wink:Damn, I really need to stop trying to use my cell phone as a mouse.

The only thing I can find relating to "Alaska Grown" is that it promotes fruit, vegetables, and other agricultural products grown in Alaska, started in 1986. The main advantage seems to be that Alaska Grown products are on the shelves in Alaska literally one or two days after the produce has been picked, making them fresher, crisper, sweeter and tastier.

It also helps the community by keeping money from Alaska, in Alaska.

Of course, the shirt that D was wearing is most probably a mockery of this, using the "Alaska Grown" logo to suggest homemade drugs, in this case, probably weed.

The only thing I can find relating to "Alaska Grown" is that it promotes fruit, vegetables, and other agricultural products grown in Alaska, started in 1986. The main advantage seems to be that Alaska Grown products are on the shelves in Alaska literally one or two days after the produce has been picked, making them fresher, crisper, sweeter and tastier.

It also helps the community by keeping money from Alaska, in Alaska.

Of course, the shirt that D was wearing is most probably a mockery of this, using the "Alaska Grown" logo to suggest homemade drugs, in this case, probably weed.

You could be the next spokesperson for the program! haha Yes, it's totally intended to be about locally grown foods. A lot of people (even here) mistake it for only refering to the person wearing it. Then there are those that assume it's about weed. Ironically, that's not far off because the farmed food products are grown in the same area that the weed is grown. Darren's shirt was quite authentic, though. I have one, myself. (Raised here.)[/b]

Oh. That's what I would have assumed it must have meant, but since you made a point about asking Darren if he knew what it meant I thought it must be more interesting than that.

Oh. That's what I would have assumed it must have meant, but since you made a point about asking Darren if he knew what it meant I thought it must be more interesting than that.

hahaha! That's as interesting as it gets! Now don't you wish you had that five minutes back? :twisted:

No, my works at Elmendorf AFB.

The intro for episode 2 was shot at portage glacier.

Ah, Elmendorf. I live / work downtown, so I run into people from there every day. I recognized the scenery at the beginning of that episode. I thought it looked more like Byron Glacier, since you were sitting right next to it. (Byron and Portage are right next to each other.) So if you've been to Elmendorf, you've driven right by my house. Damn small world, I tell ya!

• 1 year later...