What virus does my boss have?

hsncorrosion

ok, I know I have to wipe and reinstall the entire network but I wanted to know what virus could have caused this.

My boss has two computer networks one 2 pc network connected to the internet and a a 4 pc network that is not connected to the internet.

The two computer network (with internet) has one major problem one computer on the network the screen suddenly froze and now I cannot turn it on, The powerlight comes on but I cannot see anything and the video card seems fine.

The second 4 pc network (without internet) Is having three problems.

1. The hard drive lights are constantly running on all four computers

2. None of the computers can access the network anymore

3. The main computers icons have been renamed for example. The register software (restrant register software) was named something like "Register Admin" but now it is named somthing like 1928322929382 (not exact numbers) this has also happened to all the other icons.

I am going to wipe and reinstall all the computers but I want to know what virus they had. Someone put an ipod into the main computer after putting somthing on it he downloaded from the other network. He told someone he was charging his ipod in the main computer, could it have been infected this way?

Also I have backed up the major data but I wan't to know what is going to be the best antivirus to scan the data with as to not infect the network again.

Just scan the data with a bunch of them. You should also get the iPod off the guy and scan it (I would also lock him in an office until he tells you *exactly* what he did), along with talking to everyone who has used those machines. What anti-virus were they using?

(BTW please don't tell me your there IT guy...)

sadly my boss did not want to pay. On the network without an internet connection he used avg antivirus

On the other network he used mcafee but did not pay to get updates so it was not much help. I'm going in tomarow to talk to the guy with the ipod and reinstall windows on all the damn pcs.

sadly my boss did not want to pay. On the network without an internet connection he used avg antivirus

On the other network he used mcafee but did not pay to get updates so it was not much help. I'm going in tomarow to talk to the guy with the ipod and reinstall windows on all the damn pcs.

so what's your new job?

Yes im the most qulified!

That's scary.

And guess what? His windows password is green! he made that one because its easy to remember,

That's to be expected.

because the restrants attached to a bp gas station.

That's well... just... geez.

And guess what? His windows password is green! he made that one because its easy to remember, because the restrants attached to a bp gas station

Lmao, that's pretty sad.

hmm yeah, but if u went in there and tryed to guess his password u wouldnt put the two together, u would be more going the name of the restarunt and such.

Yes im the most qulified!

What is our food industry coming too.