Folding@Home -- Hak.5 Team -- Join!

The_PHP_Jedi

What hardware are you using to donate to F@H?  

32 members have voted

1. 1.

• Computer (CPU)
    • GPU
    • PS3

Isn't the Wii less powerful that the xbox?

I have heard that they are about the same

...oh please

wii:(CPU) IBM Broadway 729MHz

xbox 360: Custom IBM PowerPC-based CPU

# 3 symmetrical cores running at 3.2 GHz each

# 2 hardware threads per core; 6 hardware threads total

Just a thought, but has anyone seen what the Folding@Home community has done? I mean the raw amount of CPU cycles that have already gone into this project must have produced SOMETHING by now. I can understand why Seti@Home over years still hasn't produced anything, there just might not be anything living close enough to us to find, but come on! Folding proteins? I don't mean to go against the grain or anything, but has anyone thought about that? I could be wrong and there could be a dozen sites that show what has already been produced or found with this project. Just a thought.

Just a thought, but has anyone seen what the Folding@Home community has done? I mean the raw amount of CPU cycles that have already gone into this project must have produced SOMETHING by now. I can understand why Seti@Home over years still hasn't produced anything, there just might not be anything living close enough to us to find, but come on! Folding proteins? I don't mean to go against the grain or anything, but has anyone thought about that? I could be wrong and there could be a dozen sites that show what has already been produced or found with this project. Just a thought.

They have made progress, mubix.

http://folding.stanford.edu/FAQ-diseases.html

http://folding.stanford.edu/results.html

http://folding.stanford.edu/papers.html

• 2 weeks later...
I started donating CPU cycles a while back.  My contributions just look so bleak compared to the elite task force of PS3s dominating the field.

Any contribution is accepted, and nevermind the PS3s, they aren't in competition with other non-PS3 Folders within the team :)

(one of those PS3s is mine, lol)

But anyways, keep Folding Your Technolust and remember that what matters is that you participate. :D

Also, I like the smell of anuses

• 5 weeks later...

I been doing some folding of my own, had my ps3 setup with default settings for about 20 WU.

Then I came across the hak5 team and decided to join, done about 25 WU under hak5 group now.

Can get very warm with the ps3 on for 8 hrs when im sleeping, will be a good thing in the winter when its very cold but for now i think WU will slow down.