I Got A .Net Domain Free!

hsncorrosion

They almost certainly massively overcharge you for renewal or to transfer the domain away after the free year you get.
ahhh then that's a great plan

edit: nah... it seems that it's like a free ipob 'scam' (it's not really a scam if you get the ipod)

By fill out survays do you mean tell the whole internet who you are where you live how much many you make how much you would like to make etc? It's a scam!

Not a scam it works and also know other people (other than myself) who have free domains. And I used fake info on all those serveys anyway! :lol:

Ok as far as the fuck off thing goes, If he doesn't like my website fine, But he can say what is wrong why and how to fix it. Basically what he said is fuck you your site sucks!

And I don't see how it can be a scam if I have a domain!!!!

You guys should know by now I will not pay for something, I will find it for free somewhere else! So please explain how it is a scam if it works!

Ok as far as the fuck off thing goes, If he doesn't like my website fine, But he can say what is wrong why and how to fix it. Basically what he said is fuck you your site sucks!

Well he kinda only said you need a better one so maybe he meant that your current one does suck (and it does but I think that of most sites so... take that with a grain of salt) but he never said 'fuck you' you're the one to say that.

And I don't see how it can be a scam if I have a domain!!!!

You guys should know by now I will not pay for something, I will find it for free somewhere else! So please explain how it is a scam if it works!

allow me to quote from the web site in question

"...internet that is able to offer 100% FREE DOMAIN NAMES..." and then "...a few items that require $1 to signup. There are a few from time to time that require more."

free... if you pay a dollar.

First off let me say sorry for the whole fuck off thing.

Second about the $1, they were saying that some of the serveys do ask for money but most of the serveys dont cost anything. So if I ran out of serveys I would be left with the ones that cost money, So to get those points to renew I would have to either pay, wait for more points, or have others signup via your referal link, I get 15% of every point a referal gets.

You know I could earn a lot more than $10 in two hours (actually that's equivalent to significantly less than UK minimum wage), and then just pay for a domain name and have money left over.

Edit: Actually a domain for one year is worth less than $10, it's more like $7 or so, so that's even worse.

I know that at 16 in the UK, you can get a bank account that also gives you a limited form of debit card which can be used for online purchases. But all in all, I would say that part of growing up is standing up to your parents. Just get a shitty weekend job and a bank account of your own, problem solved (did the trick for me when I was your age and wanting to buy things online).

Don't argue, educate. Every time they hand a card to a waiter, start a conversation about how often waiters get "tips" for cloned credit cards

(which is damn often). Things like that. But yeah, moving out is your long term best bet. My relationship with my Mum improved dramatically once we were in seperate cities.

Yes if your an idiot you will get spam! But I'm not an idiot, I uesed fake info on the serveys they dont check your info. So no spam for me! :lol:
so you're stealing?
True, and I wouldn't have a problem paying for it, But at 16 years old living at home with 2 parents that think if you buy anything online your screwed it is hard to do.
at 16 I was making 200$ a week living at home with one parent
Trust me I have had 3 day long arguments about buying things online. They are worried about identity theft.
who want's a 16 year old's identity

http://www.visabuxx.com

It's hardly stealing, that's such an overused term. I suppose it could be called fraud, but I doubt it would be legally classified as such. If he's agreed to tell the truth maybe he could be liable to civil action due to breach of contract, but something tells me no one cares.

It's hardly stealing, that's such an overused term. I suppose it could be called fraud, but I doubt it would be legally classified as such. If he's agreed to tell the truth maybe he could be liable to civil action due to breach of contract, but something tells me no one cares.

Thanks, at last someone understands fraud, not stealing and no one cares.

Besides somewhere on the site or on the forum they say they do not care.