Impersonation stops working from FW 2.0.0

hexan

After years using the Nano I bought the MK7. At first I've noticed some differences, so I tought to be doing something wrong, but after a couple of days it was clear: Impersonation wasn't working.

I then decided to do a factory reset and upgrade to 1.0 stable firmware. And you know what? Exactly! Impersonation was working.

So I've done another factory reset, upgraded to 1.1.1 and Impersonation was still working.
But the system is missing some of the improvements that come with more recent firmwares.
So I've upgraded to 2.0.0 and.... damn, Impersonation is not working again...

What can be responsible for Impersonation to stop working from 1.1.1 to 2.0.0?
Already tried to contact support and they suggested to ask here.
Any help is truly appreciated!

I may have been able to replicate it (not necessarily linked to the open AP being hidden though). By looking at dmesg on a client that tries to connect it says "No legacy rates in association response", tries 5 times, then drops it and moves over to a known network.

9 hours ago, dark_pyrro said:

I may have been able to replicate it (not necessarily linked to the open AP being hidden though). By looking at dmesg on a client that tries to connect it says "No legacy rates in association response", tries 5 times, then drops it and moves over to a known network.

It appears to be related somehow, but not always. If I do not hide the OpenAP, then sometimes the spoofed APs are accepting the connection, but not all of them are broadcasted and not all of them are accepting the connection.

Also, I started with only one fake AP named "testAP", but the devices were seeing a network named "QF8T507I68WK" (this happened also with the Nano). Connecting to it resulted in Clients appearing in the Pineapple dashboard. 
In other tests the spoofed ESSIDS are broken too. Like "testAP" becomes "testAP{"

Today I tried again to Factory reset the device and it seems slower. It takes more time to even load the login page, the web shell, reboot... maybe it is defective.