DVD Rip

Brennan

yea, it's a scratched DVD, so you're getting checksum errors when the scratched part of the disk is being read. Pretty common i've found, DVDs, particularly pressed DVDs, really suck

what i tend to do when i get this kind of problem is to go to DVD decrypter and to put it in file mode (which i think is the default). This will let you extract files individually.

Extract all of the files that you can, some will not work. Note these down.

Then wipe the surface of the disk as many times as you can. Wash it, shine it, do anything at all that you can to remove any scratches that you can

Go back to DVD decrypter, this time you only need to try the files that didn't work cos you've already extracted the ones that did work.

Hopefully you will have gotten all of the remaining files and you can then go off and use dvd shrink. Otherwise you can keep trying for those remaining files until you turn blue.

Usually if the disk is sufficiently stuffed there's nothing that you can really do about it

I am having a problem ripping a DVD. In DVD Shrink I get this error during Analysing:

44bvokw.jpg

And I get this error from DVD Decrypter:

42s64ih.jpg

If it is really damaged, use "DVDDecrypter". It has a built in feature to pad the bad data and work around it. I usually rip them as an ISO under DVDdecrypter if they are bad discs, and then use DVDShrink to make it burnable to smaller dvd's. This way you can fix DVDs that stop working in your home dvd player without having to buy a new one to replace it. :wink:

(Could even be a dirty disc, because I get this sometimes on my desktop pc, but then it gets by it on my laptop for no reason. Try a cd or dvd cleaner first.)

I am having a problem ripping a DVD. In DVD Shrink I get this error during Analysing:

44bvokw.jpg

And I get this error from DVD Decrypter:

42s64ih.jpg

If it is really damaged, use "DVDDecrypter". It has a built in feature to pad the bad data and work around it. I usually rip them as an ISO under DVDdecrypter if they are bad discs, and then use DVDShrink to make it burnable to smaller dvd's. This way you can fix DVDs that stop working in your home dvd player without having to buy a new one to replace it. :wink:

(Could even be a dirty disc, because I get this sometimes on my desktop pc, but then it gets by it on my laptop for no reason. Try a cd or dvd cleaner first.)

Yeah I usually use DVD Shrink and if that don't work I then use DVD Decrypter. The disk had a few scratches but I thought they where minor. but I am going to get the skip Doctor later today to fix the scratches.