Need help learning how I am being hacked offline PC

freedom1

have removed the wifi card in my laptop, disconnected the antenna, wiped the drive with DiskGenius, reinstalled Windows 10 with an official original Windows USB stick, went into Services.msc and disabled all net related services, went into RegEdit and deleted net services that wont disable, uninstalled all net software and double checked with CMD that there are no net connections.

When I leave home I put this PC into my safe that is being watched with my offline security cameras. Nobody but me has physical access to my PC.

In spite of all these precautions data is being stolen off the computer. This must mean that either some boosted signal can still ping the net hardware in the machine and extract data although the card and antenna are removed or there was hidden hardware pre-installed that cannot be detected allowing the breach. I am entirely given up on getting some PC privacy. What in the world could allow a hacker to access the data on my PC?

Edited by Irukandji
Changed Background Color and Font Color.

First of all, this sounds quite paranoid, especially when no one is able to confirm data theft. If it's totally airgapped with no physical access, which you've more than ensured, then no one else can get access. I assume that there is no power in the safe. Any logon attempt would be logged under System. I believe that it's Event ID 4624.

Second, a honeypot may be something good to look into. It would allow you to detect cyberattacks. 

How do you know data was stolen from the system ?

What you did is totally overkill for most use, and no it shouldn't be possible to extract data, unless you using crappy security cameras, so these can be shut down, a crappy safe, that's easy to crack, and no harddrive encryption on the laptop 🙂

On 4/18/2023 at 10:15 PM, freedom1 said:

have removed the wifi card in my laptop, disconnected the antenna, wiped the drive with DiskGenius, reinstalled Windows 10 with an official original Windows USB stick, went into Services.msc and disabled all net related services, went into RegEdit and deleted net services that wont disable, uninstalled all net software and double checked with CMD that there are no net connections.

When I leave home I put this PC into my safe that is being watched with my offline security cameras. Nobody but me has physical access to my PC.

In spite of all these precautions data is being stolen off the computer. This must mean that either some boosted signal can still ping the net hardware in the machine and extract data although the card and antenna are removed or there was hidden hardware pre-installed that cannot be detected allowing the breach. I am entirely given up on getting some PC privacy. What in the world could allow a hacker to access the data on my PC?

Sounds like paranoia more than anything else.

There's no way for you to know or confirm that data was taken from your device, unless the attacker specifically showed you the data they had gotten, so unless that's the case then this is 100% just paranoia.

Retrieving data from an air-gapped machine, whilst possible, is insanely difficult and requires very specific equipment that is not available to the average Joe. It also requires extremely specific knowledge of the machine you are attacking and a sniper-precision hardware and payload creation. Unless you are a billionaire or hold the secrets to who killed JFK on your machine, I can guarantee that no one is targeting your air-gapped machine. Not plausible.

Edited by 0phoi5