Directional C to C cable confusing wording, or am I being dumb. Does this work as expected with both sides plugged in?

sofablue

So I am not sure if I am being dumb here but I am looking to get a O.MG cable and have my eyes on the directional C to C but the wording explaining it is somewhat ambigous to me and I want to be sure before I maybe make an expensive mistake. 

It says:
"Directional C to C: unique cable designed for demos & training. Changes behaviour depending on what direction you connect it. The active end is marked with a discreet logo: Connected to a USB host and it behaves like a normal cable, or connect just the active end to a compatible mobile device for mobile payload capabilities"

I cannot work out whether it is saying:
* one side is active and the other is passthrough 
* Or when it says or "connect just the active end to a compatible mobile device for mobile payload capabilities" it will only do payloads if the other end is not connected to anything, ie. it would not do payloads if connected to a charger on the non-payload end.

It is the "connect just the active end" that is confusing me. 

Can anyone answer this.

Thanks

Well you can’t add one to your cart without having a passthrough end selected. 

As for “just the active end”: when using the built-in ability for mobile attacks, that’s the only end that matters. The passthrough end is not commonly useful for this scenario. Of course, there is a lot of flexibility in deployment, so long as you follow the guidelines: https://github.com/O-MG/O.MG-Firmware/wiki

So just to clarify is the directional C to C a cable with an active C end and a passthrough C end with no other differences the other O.MG cables except for the connectors.

What I am trying to clarify is the wording of "unique cable designed for demos & training" where you  "connect just the active end to a compatible mobile device for mobile payload capabilities" (note the emphasis on just that is the confusing part). This sounds to me like it could have a feature designed for use in training where it does not trigger the active end when the passthrough end is plugged or it kills execution in the active end when the passthrough end is plugged because it only does payloads when just the active end is plugged in and I am trying to understand if this is the case or just the wording. 

Thanks for bearing with my seemingly nitpicky question. I would not be asking here if I had not spent a lot of time trying to work it out myself.

It’s the only OMG Cable that doesn’t behave exactly like a “normal” cable does. A normal C to C cable doesn’t change behavior depending on direction.  Therefore it’s called out specifically, and labeled as Directional. People doing demos and training don’t mind this and actually prefer the added possibilities. 

Think of it this way. For running payloads, it does that from the marked end, so you always sure what you're targeting.

The logo-end is the "sharp" end, the other it the dull blade, and does nothing, so you're always sure what you do, depending on what end you plug in, it's pretty simple 🙂
Same for A-->C, the sharp end is the A-USB 😉

Archived