MK7 and c2 cloud

gohelixit

Then you need to provide more information about your setup to be able to troubleshoot. Where are you running Cloud C2? On what OS? Is it running as a service or started manually? Ports open according to specification and type of setup? Where is the Pineapple located? On a network that otherwise is considered being stable? How is the Pineapple connected to some network as a client? WiFi using wlan2 or ICS via some computer? If using ICS, what OS does that computer run? (etc)

I've got a server at Digital Ocean running Ubuntu 22.04 server. I've setup the Pineapple at two separate locations and different types of access points using wlan2. The ports open are all the necessary ports based on the documentation. I've verified both on the server and the firewall that these ports are open. The Pineapple will connect, stay online for a while, and then disconnect. It'll do this routine over and over. I have the service configured to start automatically on the Ubuntu server to make sure the C2 is running.

OK, then it can be established that the C2 server should be up and running. I would most likely check the cc-client log file in /tmp on the Pineapple to see if there are some errors. Then start troubleshooting possible network issues in either end (or on the way between the endpoints). Is the Pineapple the only Hak5 device that you use along with C2?

Let me answer your last question first. So far the Pineapple is the only Hak5 device on the network, but I was attempting to add the Key Croc. I thought the device.config should be in the root folder of the device, but upon restarting the device, it never connected. That being said, I did verify that it's on the wireless network. In this case, my lab. 

Rather than just pasting the entire log file here, these are the 3 lines that repeat.

[1679495028 !ERR         CURL ]  Error posting update to server...
[1679495028 !ERR     INITSYNC ]  Error in startup sync post
[1679495028 !ERR         MAIN ]  Device startup sync failed. Retrying... 

ok, the only thing that I've seen before that has solved disconnection issues for a C2-connected Pineapple is that the user had the Pineapple UI open in a web browser (when it was enrolled to C2) and when closing the web UI page (i.e. closing the browser window/tab), the connection issues disappeared. Sounds a bit too good to be true in a way, but if that is the case for you, then you could try it as well.

Archived