changing the P7 mac address

odeon

wlan1 is the interface that is used for pineap tasks if there's no 5 GHz adapter/interface available (and also that the 5 GHz interface/wlan3 is selected for that task). So, in its default configuration using the onboard 2.4 GHz MT7601 based wlan1 interface for pineap stuff, I really don't see any reason why there would be a benefit of changing the MAC address.

Let's say that a network to be scanned has adopted mac filtering and I want to use an existing validated mac address that I have isolated with a scan. Is there anything on the new UI ( I believe it's 2.0) that will allow me to change wlan2 to piggy back on the existing validated mac session. Assuming a default out of the box setup. All interfaces roles as per default.

13 minutes ago, odeon said:

Let's say that a network to be scanned has adopted mac filtering

I guess you have to elaborate on that part. In what way do you plan to scan the network? I assume that this doesn't involve previously mentioned wlan2 (and the Pineapple acting as a client to the network). Or? I.e. how would you define the full use case scenario?

here is the use case. I am in a location and I want to log into a network that has mac filtering. Let's say I am in a hotel and want to use the faster internet ( paid) and not the slow foyer one ( free).  I run airodump-ng and get a few existing macs that I want to spoof. Then having bypassed the hotel login screen. So I now have my internet connection and then I want to use their network to perform my tests.  Does that clear it up? 

It's not "sus" if you are trying to prove a point to the hotel. Can I change the mac address in the UI or do I have to drop down to the gui?   I'm not trying to save money here the hotel chain we use for travel always have starbucks free wifi but we don't like our c suite people using that for obvious reasons so they are asked to use the hotel's room wifi. I would like them spend a little time thinking about handing out hard tokens for the duration of our stays.

UI or gui, it's the same. I'd use the OpenWrt config files in that case. However, I can't see the point trying to circumvent any MAC address based limitation to allow C suite people to use the hotel wifi. (Being "C suite people" myself, I wouldn't advise using hotel wifi at all for my devices but that's not relevant here really, you do you).

Ok thanks. 

I have NO issue with C suite as we pay them to do a job and they do it VERY well, we listened to our vc group and agreed to concentrate on the math and system. We ( the founders) are NOT c suite people.  They aren't the issue, what IS the issue is the hotel chain security.  Most of our laptops are based on the novena platform so they are fine. It's just when the c suite guys use ipads or conventional laptops that the issue arises.  We are a startup and we need to protect our math ip. I want to show all parties that this is a serious issue.

Archived