Wifi pineapple SD card mounted but can't storage modules

ELPEPE

Hello everyone!

I recently got my first wifi pineapple nano and tried to install some modules on a SanDisk 32gb SD-card. but if I try to install a large module the page says that I need to install a sd-card in order to install the module.

I changed my fstab to this (saw it on another forum so i thought it worked but it didn't 😞 )

config global
option anon_swap '0'
option anon_mount '0'
option auto_swap '1'
option auto_mount '1'
option delay_root '5'
option check_fs '0'

config mount
option target '/ sd'
option device '/ dev / sda1'
option fstype 'auto'
option options 'rw, sync'
option enabled '1'

config 'swap'
         option device '/ dev / sda2'
         option enabled '1'

I tried formatting the SD-card through the GUI and factory reset once but with no succes
all help is welcome!

Thx in advance

1 minute ago, dark_pyrro said:

When you say "modules", are you referring to Pineapple modules or OpenWrt packages (installed using opkg)?

I mean the modules im installing from the modules tab in the wifi pineapple web page (not the OpenWrt modules)

51 minutes ago, dark_pyrro said:

What modules are you trying to install?

Just some modules from the hak5 community repository. I can install the smaller ones on the internal storage of the pineapple Nano but larger files need to be installed on the SD card. The webpage says that I have the SD card installed but when i try to install a large module it says that I don't have enough storage and need to install a SD card.

What's the output of

df -h

If the Micro SD card is correctly mounted you should get a button called "Install to SD Card" when you want to install a module. This will install modules to the attached Micro SD card without the need of any specific adjustments.

I installed one of the larger modules to the Micro SD card now ("RandomRoll" that would not fit on the internal storage of the Nano with its 20+ MB in size) and had no issues doing it.

No, not dumb in any way. You need to ssh into the Nano. I guess you're on Windows 10 and a more recent build and in that case you can ssh from a terminal window. Just run:

ssh root@172.16.42.1

and use the same password as you use when logging in to the web UI of the Nano.

8 hours ago, dark_pyrro said:

ssh root@172.16.42.1

The output of the df -h is:
Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/root                13.0M     13.0M         0 100% /rom
tmpfs                    29.1M    152.0K     28.9M   1% /tmp
/dev/mtdblock3            1.3M    384.0K    896.0K  30% /overlay
overlayfs:/overlay        1.3M    384.0K    896.0K  30% /
tmpfs                   512.0K         0    512.0K   0% /dev

Well, it doesn't matter. I still can't see that it's mounted as storage. Try to format the card using gparted (or such) in EXT4 and only one (1) partition (no label). Then just insert it and don't let the Nano format it (using the "tool" in the web UI). Make sure fstab looks like how you pasted in an earlier post, but without the swap part. Also make sure there are no spaces in the paths. The paste you did in the previous post includes spaces and that will not work. The "device" path most likely needs a change. For example:

option target '/ sd'
	option device '/ dev / sda1'

Should look like this:

option target '/sd'
	option device '/dev/sdcard/sd1'

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2023 at 2:36 PM, dark_pyrro said:

Well, it doesn't matter. I still can't see that it's mounted as storage. Try to format the card using gparted (or such) in EXT4 and only one (1) partition (no label).

Thx this seemed to do the trick!

• 6 months later...

I have the same problem. SD card shows it is mounted, but nothing installs. I reformatted several times through the UI and nothing installs. I can select any module, it asks me to install to SD, but never shows up. I have even installed (supposedly), rebooted the device and still not there. BEYOND frustrating? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. 

Did you try what I posted about formatting. You say that you use the formatting in the Nano UI and in my post I say to not do that; did you try that variant? Make sure your MicroSD card has only a single, unnamed partition and is formatted with EXT4. Also try different cards just to rule out the possibility that the card used is faulty. Users have reported issues with the Nano when it comes to MicroSD card handling, but I didn't ever have any real issues myself during the years that I actively used the Nano.