Pineapple VII keeps adding extra ssid with characters at the end

chris2008

Hi guys,

So, I dusted down my Pineapple and started again from scratch. I have to say it seems a lot more stable now.

I am having a slight problem though. When testing the Evil Portal module, I have noticed that the P-VII keeps replicating the ssid (added in Open AP) and adding extra characters. For example, if I name the ssid internet_wifi it will eventually have things like internet_wifi\x00\e~\xaf and sometimes the extra characters will be Chinese.

Can anyone help with this? Maybe it's a setting I have accidentally triggered?

I can't see why the Evil Portal module would be involved in this.

When is this happening? When you set up the Pineapple the first time (out-of-the-box or factory reset or firmware upgrade)? Or, when you name the Open AP in the settings? Or, is it showing in the PineAP pool? Screenshots would help. Those type of chars are hex/byte values (at least 2 out of 3).

27 minutes ago, dark_pyrro said:

I can't see why the Evil Portal module would be involved in this.

When is this happening? When you set up the Pineapple the first time (out-of-the-box or factory reset or firmware upgrade)? Or, when you name the Open AP in the settings? Or, is it showing in the PineAP pool? Screenshots would help. Those type of chars are hex/byte values (at least 2 out of 3).

Maybe it has nothing to do with the Evil Portal. It's just that is what I was using. It is basically when I look at wifi to connect to it has the one I named, but also that same name with extra characters. Sometimes 2 extra links. Sorry, I didn't take any screenshots as it was yesterday I noticed it.

Hey Chris2008, I seemed to have the same issue with my management SSID, it would be NAME then NAME 2 then NAME 3. All three now appear. Is that what yours is doing? I've found there is no difference other than the number at the end, and I've not seen any new SSID's with hex values at the end. I just use NAME 3 now as my management SSID and it works fine.

Archived