LCD screen scratch

careless223

So I accidentally scratched my LCD screen and there is a pretty big scratch that is distracting and very visible. Basically it slid off my car seat and got scratched.

I tried the Vaseline method and it works pretty well but I am looking for a more permanent solution. Does anyone know of anything that works? Yes I already tried google and that didn't help much.

Thanks.

to to your local auto parts store and get 2200 wet sanding paper for auto body repair. lightly sand it down. also get 3M perfect it 3 rubbing compound and glaze.. then use the rubbing compound and then the glaze....

to to your local auto parts store and get 2200 wet sanding paper for auto body repair. lightly sand it down. also get 3M perfect it 3 rubbing compound and glaze.. then use the rubbing compound and then the glaze....

sounds deady, sand paper on light plastic film? :?

you can scratch CRT's too (even though there the only things i use )

With diamond yes, but you can scratch a LCD with your finger nail. Score 1 more for CRT.

lol going to a LAN a friend slammed his boot onto his CRT... not a scratch, whilst driving down the raod the boot poped open, not a scatch, got to the LAN, and dropped the screen when trying to get it outta the boot, not a scratch. Set up the monitor on the table, and started gaming, the base of the mon broke, and it titled and landed onto its face.... shit load of scratches, morel of the story, CRT's are like gravity, they harder u try the more it fights back...

you can scratch CRT's too (even though there the only things i use )

With diamond yes, but you can scratch a LCD with your finger nail. Score 1 more for CRT.

my ma's gold wedding ring worked onmy da's £400 1 day old triton

pic; DSC00931.jpg

up close;

DSC00932.jpg

and dont worry i keep my screen MUCH cleaner;

DSC00934.jpg

sounds deady, sand paper on light plastic film?

2200 wet sandpaper is very very fine and it's wet so it can't do as much damage as you think. The sandpaper is equivilant to paper. I'm not familiar to the rubbing compound, but it sounds like a good idea to me.

You may want to test it on something else first, make sure it dries clear. Make sure the stuff you fill it in with is runny and do it very slowly.

If not, you could always go to a computer shop and see what they'd do. Be good getting professional advice.