Recon not working for Mark vii

securedlab

I tried rebooting many times. I'm using ugreen ethernet adapter for internet, supported chipset, recon was working at first, so i don't think it's the adapter causing issue. 

I tried edge, chrome and Firefox all the same issue. Cpu and memory are normal. I wonder if there are there Wifi Security solutions that exist which could be blocking the device from scanning? The client does have a large security budget. SexyWerewolf - Is your device at a client site, or just testing from home?

From home

I have a Wi-Fi interface (RTL8812AU), the pineapple recognizes it normal with 5G, but they not recognize any network on scan even with airodump.
I think the problem on my end is with the drivers
because if I connect the interface with my laptop (Arch) I can use it without any problems

https://www.udrop.com/file/7Tot/ksnip_20230301-060254.png
https://www.udrop.com/file/7Tou/ksnip_20230301-061237.png

3 hours ago, SexyWerewolf said:

I have a Wi-Fi interface (RTL8812AU)

I wouldn't recommend using any RTL8812 based device along with the Pineapple. Stick to the supported chipsets instead.

6 hours ago, securedlab said:

I wonder if there are there Wifi Security solutions that exist which could be blocking the device from scanning? The client does have a large security budget.

What happens if you remove the Pineapple from the client area? Is it successful in scanning? It should be no problems scanning since it just listens on what's in the air.

Issue is I have the device connected at a client site that is pretty far away, so I can't take device offsite to test. Werewolf has their device connected at home and having same issue, so thinking security device may not be issue. I  can see that the /rom is 100% used, its only 28MB is size, not sure if that would cause the issue. Other filesystem directories are fine.

Is it possible to do a factory reset from the Web UI? I can try that, I am connected to the device over ethernet from a VPN connection to their corporate network, so after a reset I should be able to connect assuming the MK7 will gather DHCP via ethernet on a fresh install.

iwlist.JPG

file system.JPG

rom = Read Only Memory and it will always be 100% regardless what OpenWrt based device that is checked, Pineapple or not. So, that is not an issue. It's just the way it is.

You need someone on site that can press the hardware button on the Pineapple in order to be able to enter factory reset mode. You also need to be able to access the Pineapple over the USB-C based Ethernet interface and be able to use a browser UI to upload the factory reset image.

Archived