Jump to content

Responder Failing to Get Hashes


Recommended Posts

Been trying to get Responder to work for days, and after reading a number of sources online and combing through Wireshark captures, I'm finally putting it together. I've used a Pineapple and a Kali Linux laptop, as well as trying Inveigh on a Windows machine, and using a few different devices to connect over SMB (which does work fine on the client side). Responder sends the NTLMSSP_CHALLENGE packet, but Windows 10 responds with RST, ACK instead of NTLM_AUTH. It's like it knows that the challenge is from a rogue SMB server.

responder -I wlanX
responder -I wlanX -wdvP


Link to comment
Share on other sites

I didn't think that it would work since the poisoning was working. I was able to get hashes from my W10 22H2 system but only when I wasn't starting Responder over SSH. I didn't think that it would interfere but guess it does. Go figure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Create New...