How do you watch IPTV?

moonlit

It's going to happen. There is nothing stopping it and it's something a lot of people want. There are a ton of creative people all over the Internet with big dreams that can be easily realized. Cameras & Editing software is cheap. There is an audience for just about anything on the Internet. Mainstream media will adapt but nothing makes me happier than seeing true homegrown TV online.

IPTV FTW

Yeah! Damn right Darren!

Who's with us on this? ;)

Me and Technologique were thinking of starting up a little something something, we're 'in talks' now and I'm sure we'll keep you all posted if anything comes of it ;)

IPTV FTW!

Always wanted to do something like that, but i'm not sure where to start. All i've really done in the last 2 years movie making wise, is just work as a director of photography... or as one person put it "...you just make other peoples work look mint...". I have ideas... but nothing I want to run with...

I think what would be nice is if there was some way/place to match up likeminded people who have ideas/talent/kit and really get the IPTV thing booming...

As the generic marines in a popular computer game, HooHaa.

;)

Yeah that part does suck... I think it would be possible to co-ordinate some things over the web and bring footage together as long as whoever was involded knew what was happening where... also knowing who was going to edit it all together and that person's bandwidth could be a little hitch...

I think what would be nice is if there was some way/place to match up likeminded people who have ideas/talent/kit and really get the IPTV thing booming...

There ya go, that's your segway into into the web2.0 boom. :) now go learn AJAX and make an awesome social networking site to do just that. What are you waiting for?....GO!

;)

Seriously tho, it's an awesome idea. The only reason that I started to use Fireant was that I was keeping up on so many 'casts. And i'm always looking to add to my list - the more the better.

Yeah it's a shame the distances are so vast... there's gotta be a way though... and those DV recordings are indeed collosal... we'd need a phenominal speed connection to do that online... reduced resolution video woud work but you lose the great quality you'd need for real productions and DVD releases...

DV footage is huge, but consider this. If the end result will be rendered in, say 900kbps xvid, then transmitting segments to eachother at 2400kbps (which is still a million times smaller than DV) should look acceptable when finally compressed.

And VaKo, don't say being director of photography like it's not a big deal. That's a really important and respectable job.

And VaKo, don't say being director of photography like it's not a big deal. That's a really important and respectable job.

I know, but all you get is your name in 8pt font in the super-fast scrolling credits...