How can I hide my ip

dcb

Ethically,I want  obfiscate my ip while using pineaple mark 7 . Its showing in the wifi network as wifipineapple???? I changed all the ssids. Is there another setting that im missing? Id apreciate any help. TY

Not really sure what you actually want to hide; the IP address or the hostname? You need to specify what you actually want to hide and under what circumstances. Is the scenario that you connect the Pineapple to a WiFi network as a client (using wlan2) and then the Pineapple shows up on the local network to which it is connected as "wifipineapple"? And you want the Pineapple to identify itself as something else other than "wifipineapple". I can't see why you want to try to hide the IP address in such a scenario, so why would you want to do that?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm very disappointed  in this product. Also the rubber ducky I purchased as well. Both products are not what I expected. The rubber ducky worked a few times now it won't go in to dfu mode. I contacted support and got partial cryptic answers? I don't understand why they are like this. It very rude and un called for. Wifi pineapple is a disappointment. When all you need  is airmon-ng, airodump- airplay-ng.  Aircrack To sniff,capture packets. The pineapple  only captures partial packets.  Http sniffer only works if a connection is unsecured and connected to http. They are basically non existent. Evil portals? No reason for that.  This is a hyped up product. All you need is linux and some basic tools.  If I were someone looking to buy the pineapple or any products, I would  think twice. I believe it was a waste of money for me at least.  Also the tech support  from hak5 is not good. When you ask a simple question you get smart elic answers. Its unnecessary ! We are customers. Should be treated as such. Beginner or experienced. Every customer should  be treated with respect. No way to run a buisness. It will be your down fall.  I will never order from this company again. You have been warned. 

Archived