My Initial Setup and Findings - Some Good, Some Bad

LimaAlpha

Hey all and Merry Chrysler,

I got the MK7 with the MK7AC option - I have to say I'm pretty impressed. Setup and configuration was pretty straight forward, not many misunderstandings but what I did encounter, there was documentation/youtube informationals for them. The UI is very intuitive and refined.  I run Kali for this type of work and Win10 for personal use, FWIW.

The Good (So Far):

• The UI is incredibly intuitive and I'm finding it easy to learn and work with.
  • Scary Powerful - start low and flex higher - I went the other way and don't regret it, but I'm now trying to be a bit more cautious.
  • Sleek design and small footprint compared to other tools that offer the same or less features.
  • $225 shipped for the tactical bundle.
  • 2.4, and 5.0 - Expecting another doodad to be produced in the future for 6.0.

The Bad (So Far):

• Issues with generating reports in Campaigns - not sure what the fix is or I'd tell you.
  • Connecting to the Management AP sometimes prevents me from accessing anything but the device - no other internet otherwise, only happens sometimes - not sure why.
  • Sometimes not pulling a Wireless Landscape, even during a recon scan.
  • I run a 10th Gen i9 processor and when playing around with it, it consumes about 45%-55% of my processing power when the UI reports the device is only using about 35%.
  • No doodad for 6.0 yet.

Hope this helps those on the fence, and if you have any tips for me I'd welcome them with open arms.

Thanks!

I've the opposite opinion of the UI, it's dreadful. Three stand out things from about a year of updates:

- The 'scan' option is a toggle, it should be a button. It doesn't make sense to toggle a switch to scan.

- The sort is laughably bad to the point where it should be taken out. Times are wrong, sort is overwritten when a scan is updated etc.

- The wording on nearly everything is clearly written by someone that understands the system as opposed to someone who is trying to use it. The docs are sparse to say the least.

Overall, it's a nice piece of kit but I've had more problems that success with it and I've owed nearly every piece that Hak5 have ever made.

Archived