LAN Turtle configuration via SSH is not working

TheOne93

Hello,

excuse me for my question, but i can not access to the LAN Turtle via SSH.

I put my Lan Turtle on the PC, then i receive a IP Adress from my Terminal 172.16.84.160. I Try to connect to via SSH but this is not working... I dont unterstand why..

the IP Adress that i try to connect is 172.16.84.1 on port 22.

I tryed

ssh root@172.16.84.1

ssh root@172.16.84.1:22

ssh root@172.16.84.1 -p 22

ssh Turtle@172.16.84.1:22

ssh Turtle@172.16.84.1 -p 22

ssh root@172.16.84.160:22

ssh root@172.16.84.160 -p 22

ssh Turtle@172.16.84.160:22

but nothing is working...

i can access to other machines via ssh, but not to LAN Turtle...

And everytime when i put the Turtle in my PC, the Network Connection breaks down..

Have someone a Solution for this Problem?

That operation should be no problem. The first of your ssh options should work.

To be able to troubleshoot further, more information is needed. Is the Turtle brand new out of the box or have you used it before (and being successful accessing the Turtle using ssh)? If you have done something with it, then what have you done? Any module(s) loaded? Anything installed using opkg? etc....

The last resort is probably to do a factory reset.

I tryd with MacOs and Ubuntu, both of them is the actual software.

When i Tryied ssh root@172.16.84.1 then i became this output: ssh: connect to host 172.16.84.1 port 22: Operation timed out

and after the connection is lost i became this output: Unable to negotiate with 172.16.84.1 port 22: no matching host key type found. Their offer: ssh-rsa

And now i have connect the Lan Turtle but i can not connect the Internet or ping 8.8.8.8

I really dont know, what i have to do😔

• 3 months later...

hi there, 

I have bought a brand new lan turtle, but when i am pluggin in the USB port to my laptop i receive an IP 172.16.84.100 but I am not able to ssh to 172.16.84.1 and it is always timing out. I did tried the firmware reset and still no luck. I tried plugging in the etherner port and I can see DHCP is assigned to Lan turtle but still I cant ssh to that eth0 IP as well assigned by my DHCP server. it is just timing out on every single ssh connection. 

Please help me as I just bought this device online from hak5 and looks like there is no support available.

• 11 months later...

I'm having the same problem with my lan turtle. I try to ssh and I get the Unable to negotiate with 172.16.84.1 port 22: no matching host key type found. Their offer: ssh-rsa error. When I ifconfig it lists an IP address of 172.16.84.110. I try ssh root@172.16.84.110 and it prompts for ssh password but default password sh3llz doesn't work. I try factory resetting and flashing different firmware versions but nothing works I can't ssh into it and it's very frustrating. Also having the same problem with packet squirrel original version. Can't figure either one out and it's driving me absolutely insane. Any help?

I guess you're the same user as the one posting on Discord (since it's the exact same subject).

7 hours ago, kylej916 said:

Unable to negotiate with 172.16.84.1 port 22: no matching host key type found. Their offer: ssh-rsa

You can read about how to solve that a few posts up this thread.

7 hours ago, kylej916 said:

I try ssh root@172.16.84.110 and it prompts for ssh password but default password sh3llz doesn't work

That's because you're not ssh'ing the Turtle (which has 172.16.84.1) but instead ssh'ing yourself, and if your machine doesn't have the root user along with the sh3llz password set, then you're not going to be able to log in (and you won't be logging in to the Turtle for sure since .110 is the wrong IP address).