Mark VII to C2 Intermittent Connection

CSI-Mark

I have a MARK VII with FW 2.1.3 deployed at a customer site.  The connenction to C2 is constantly cycling.  Connected for 2 to 3 minutes then offline for 2 to 3 minutes.  The device is not rebooting just losing its connection.  I tried connecting to both a Windows 10 Box and a Windows 11 laptop.  Same results at this location. Any ides on what may cause this?

Not sure if I'm fully able to follow the described scenario. How is the Pineapple deployed? When reading the first sentences it all seemed logic, but when "connecting to both a Windows 10 Box and a Windows 11 laptop" appeared, I was a bit lost. In what way are the Windows machines a part of the scenario? Isn't the Pineapple connecting directly to a network at the customer site?

For management purposes, the Pineapple is connect via USB C to a Windows machine and uses Internet Sharing to get access back to the C2 server in the cloud.  From what I have learned so far, it seems the cycle of appearing online and offline on the C2 is expected behavior.   If C2 does not provide a persistent connect to the Pineapple, I am not sure what the point is to C2.  I can just connect to the Pineapples directly.    

I would suggest remove ICS from the equation and see if that makes any difference. I've got a bunch of different Hak5 gear connected to C2 and I have never experienced any connect/disconnect issues over the years. Connect the Pineapple directly to a network instead and skip ICS. It's just introducing a possible layer of failure.

Archived