Weird setup question Docker and Synology NAS

bsbratten

I originally intended to use products like cloud c2 on a purpose built proxmox box where I could run anything I wanted in isolation to prevent me from screwing too many things up. However, that box has a power supply issue and will not currently boot. I was attempting to set up cloud c2 on my synology nas using a docker container for similar isolation.  I was using a prebuilt docker image from the repository, it has well documented instructions, however the only way I know of setting up a container is using Synology's wizard and I cannot access the web portal after the container is running; nor do I know how to modify the image settings to better match my situation either before or after using the wizard, as none of the commands from the instructions will produce a response in the terminal window and I can't get to the portal to do initial setup. I am not ready to rent a VPS yet, so any help would be appreciated or should I just nuke a raspberry PI  and start there without the complications of docker?

I think this type of setup is a way to make things more complicated than needed. Isolating things is also counterproductive in the perspective of how C2 is intended to be used (i.e. making it possible for Hak5 devices to be able to connect). Using a RPi is for sure possible if the Hak5 devices are on the same LAN. It's of course also possible to make the RPi based C2 instance accessible from the internet, but it's not really optimal (opening ports in some firewall or such). The easiest way is to use a VPS if in need of access over the internet, but it comes with a cost (although not that expensive, but.... if the money's not available, then it's not an option).

Thanks I slowly came to a similar

conclusion. Isolation was perhaps used incorrectly, I simply meant isolated from other machines of any value on my network. In my initial lab type setup I think with what I have available the pi will work as I am not yet planning to use the devices in the wild.

Archived