[RELEASE] WiFi Pineapple 2.1.3

Dragorn

Happy monday all; firmware 2.1.3 for the WiFi Pineapple MK7 and Enterprise is here!

This is another minor bugfix release to address a handful of discovered and reported issues.

• Cloud C2
    • Fix syncing SSID impersonation pool with C2 server.
  • UI
    • Make sidebar scrollable for activity log, fixing hidden log clear option at some font sizes
    • Fix Pineapple icon linking to MK7 docs on Enterprise
    • Remove Shutdown menu option; neither the MK7 nor Enterprise can self-power-off
  • WiFi
    • Fix error validating some MAC addresses during cloning

As usual, you can update to the latest by going to Settings->Check for Update

• Like 1

• Dragorn featured and pinned this topic

Well, the flash storage check is implemented in v2.x and that's why you have issues. There's no way around it since your Pineapple most likely has some kind of faulty storage if you can't get 2.x installed without storage issues. The only way is that the check is removed from the firmware, not implemented (and my guess is that it won't be removed). I advised you to contact Hak5 support in the other thread where you mentioned the same kind of issue a while ago and I'd suggest you to still do the same.

I contacted the support months ago and they responded with a succinct "use the recovery firmware"a month late. This isn't a solution. So support people either don't know there's a problem with their products or they ignore it for prevent RMAs.

As you will understand, it is a very expensive product to have such horrible support and from what I see on reddit and in this same forum I'm not the only one who suffers from it. So I'll ask what I see necessary.

With this situation I don't plan to buy anything else from Hak5.

• Upvote 1

On 10/18/2022 at 7:29 AM, xinjia said:

I contacted the support months ago and they responded with a succinct "use the recovery firmware"a month late. This isn't a solution. So support people either don't know there's a problem with their products or they ignore it for prevent RMAs.

As you will understand, it is a very expensive product to have such horrible support and from what I see on reddit and in this same forum I'm not the only one who suffers from it. So I'll ask what I see necessary.

With this situation I don't plan to buy anything else from Hak5.

I was unable to find a support ticket with the email address you have listed on your forums account. Perhaps it went to our older system? Please keep a lookout for an email from us with RMA details for your WiFi Pineapple exhibiting the malfunctioning EMMC behavior. It will be coming from support@hak5.customerdesk.io

• 4 weeks later...

This update just killed my pineapple for the second time.  I used the recovery firmware and tried a second time and he update failed again.  When running through the post update setup the option to load the profile, dark or light, does not load and then after completing the process it never comes back up.

• 2 months later...

Today, I had some testing on our IOT products and it asked me to do a firmware update.  Woo, well after the update my Pineapple Mk7 is just displaying a solid red light.  😞  Sooo what's the fastest solution to this so I dont waste to much time troubleshooting this.... 

Edited by SeRCH1nER

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I did buy mines from https://firewire-revolution.de @Darren Kitchen so their are only a German Dealership,

and did write the support. I have the same issue already a while.
Can´t updrade to 2.0 or higher. More than 1.0 and the Pineapple is Dead. Back to Firmware Flash like guided and the same game again.

Have sent my Invoices and all i have. So now what.. 200€ Paperweight?

Edited by Juicybitch88

• 1 month later...