Wifi connection issues

hoochrulez55

Good day all,

Just set up my new mk 7 last night. I am trying to connect to the internet wirelessly through the client connection so I can start downloading modules and packages. It says I have no internet connection. I can access the pineapple through the open ap which I believe is correct.. is there something I am doing wrong? I downloaded the firmware and completed the set up process but for some reason I can’t connect to the internet to download things I want. I am sure that I am doing something wrong. 

So what you are saying is that I should be connected to the home wifi network aka the management ap and not the pineapple network? I can't access the pineapple from my management ap. Not sure what the IP address is. I've tried using the 172 ip after the4 set up. It just spins. I think something might have gone wrong in the set up process.

1) Connect to the management AP of the Pineapple

2) Visit http://172.16.42.1:1471 and log in

3) Make sure you are connected to a wireless network as a client using wlan2 (such as your home WiFi)

4) Make sure that the Pineapple has the correct date and time

5) Try something internet related (such as checking for updates, getting the list of modules, etc.) It should work.

If you have named the management or open AP of the Pineapple the same as your home network AP, you will have to rename the management AP of the Pineapple. They shouldn't be the same ESSID.

The management AP and the open AP of the Pineapple is totally unrelated to your home WiFi (or any other WiFi network). It's networks provided by the Pineapple. No need to complicate that further.

Just for reference:

wlan0 is the Open AP
wlan0-1 is the Management AP

Thank you! I will check when I am home this evening. Where can I find the management AP name that I set up? I might need to reset it all because I can't remember what name I put... It might have been the same as my home wifi but I can't remember.. I will mess around with this tonight.

13 minutes ago, dark_pyrro said:

You HAVE to change the management AP if it's the same as your home network. Just do as I told you in my previous post to change the ESSID/AP name of the management network. It's under Settings > WiFi if you are on fw 2.1.2.

Excellent. I will do that when I get back home tonight. I am on the latest firmware as I just downlaoded it yesterday during the initial set up automatically. Thanks for your guidance and patience with me. I am new to the platform 🙂

Yes, if you're not connected to some other network that uses that range of course. But, if you connect to one of the interfaces of the Pineapple that enables you to interact with it locally, then it's the 172.16.42.0/24 range. The "interfaces" can be the management AP, the open AP or the USB-C based ASIX NIC/adapter.

8 hours ago, dark_pyrro said:

You HAVE to change the management AP if it's the same as your home network. Just do as I told you in my previous post to change the ESSID/AP name of the management network. It's under Settings > WiFi if you are on fw 2.1.2.

This worked without the reset. I had to change the old home wifi creds out of the management AP section. Thanks for the assist I greatly appreciate your help! This is going to be such a useful platform for learning and network auditing. Thanks dark_pyrro!

Archived