New IRC and Gameserver

Darren Kitchen

Good news all! We now have a new and more stable IRC server at irc.hak5.org. We welcome everyone to join us in #hak5. We’ll be slowly making the transition over the week. Thanks go to Oliver Wine for making that happen smoothly.

And in other awesome news, we’re currently beta-testing a new Hak.5 game server — sponsored by EVOLANS.com. We’re currently testing Counter-Strike: Source. You can join us on the server at game.hak5.org (password is hak5). Kick us an email or leave a comment about your experience, we want to get everything worked out before episode 10 release on May 5th.

Thanks to everyone that has been so supportive bringing these new Hak5 services online.

–Darren

(yes that was just a repost from the homepage)

I'm lagging a little behind on my hardware atm, I haven't checked the sysreqs but my system is a AthlonXP 2100+ w/512MB DDR and NV GF 5200FX 128MB or ATI Radeon 9250 256MB depending on whether I'm using TV-out (for hak.5 - I despise watching vids on my CRT) since my 9250's TV-out is mono only on my regular TV... I guess I should check the sysreqs and go get CS so I can try the server :D

Edit: Apparently this should be good enough... *contemplates buying CS:S so I can tear myself away from the still addictive MOH:AA*

We'll likely be changing the game every episode

cool :D are u gonna have a list of what games that you are gonna do? or do we have 2 watch 2 find out? :P

It would be good to now in advance (maybe a poll) so people withgout the game can go and buy it then they can play on the launch of the epsiode

We'll likely be changing the game every episode

cool :D are u gonna have a list of what games that you are gonna do? or do we have 2 watch 2 find out? :P

It would be good to now in advance (maybe a poll) so people withgout the game can go and buy it then they can play on the launch of the epsiode

like the hak5 launch partys...play a game 2 celebrate it