Power Options: Apple USB C brick?

hoochrulez55

Anything that can deliver at least 2A (the recommendation) should work. I use a 3A charger when I run the Mark VII "standalone". Otherwise just powering it from a USB port of the PC I'm using in a specific moment. That said, it's important to be sure that the port used can deliver the amps needed by the Pineapple. It of course depends on the load of the Pineapple and what's attached to it. I've measured about 0.6A when doing recon scans on both 2.4 and 5 GHz using a USB 5 GHz adapter. However, as said, stick to the 2A recommendation if in need to be sure about stability.

1 hour ago, dark_pyrro said:

Anything that can deliver at least 2A (the recommendation) should work. I use a 3A charger when I run the Mark VII "standalone". Otherwise just powering it from a USB port of the PC I'm using in a specific moment. That said, it's important to be sure that the port used can deliver the amps needed by the Pineapple. It of course depends on the load of the Pineapple and what's attached to it. I've measured about 0.6A when doing recon scans on both 2.4 and 5 GHz using a USB 5 GHz adapter. However, as said, stick to the 2A recommendation if in need to be sure about stability.

Awesome thank you for your detailed response. I checked Apple specs for the brick I have. Its definitely good for 2 amps. It should work just fine. Thanks!

Archived