Help with setup

AmishMoses

So I just set up my Mark VII but I'm running into a few problems that I can't figure out.

1. The blue light has never stopped blinking. I was able to install my firmware, at that time it blinked blue/red but since I have never had a solid blue light.

2. When I go into network settings it says I'm not connected to the internet, but on the network page it shows wlan2 is connected to my network and it's in the routing table. The metric does show as 0 though.

3. Finally when I plugged my 5ghz adapter in nothing happened. No menu come up, no update, no change in lights. 

I read the wifi pineapple book that was included but couldn't find much troubleshooting. Screenshot_20220916-174811_Chrome.thumb.jpg.2cebe6f8ffb25ae72664c0c30a0a2b25.jpg

58 minutes ago, AmishMoses said:

1. The blue light has never stopped blinking. I was able to install my firmware, at that time it blinked blue/red but since I have never had a solid blue light.

The LED should blink blue, it never turns solid. On earlier firmwares it turned solid, but since 2.x it blinks even when fully booted and indicates wlan0 traffic.

59 minutes ago, AmishMoses said:

2. When I go into network settings it says I'm not connected to the internet, but on the network page it shows wlan2 is connected to my network and it's in the routing table. The metric does show as 0 though.

If it's connected, it's connected. Not much more to say about that. It might be some temporary thing in the UI that you are experiencing. A metric of 0 is not a bad thing. It's what you want for the interface that is supposed to be routing traffic.

Archived