Wardriving with Coconuts & Win x64 (don't cringe too much)

power64

Thanks for updating the HAK5 Docs with Win x64 driver install instructions, the screenshots really helped a lot!

Using the Coconut x64 binary, would it be possible to attach a USB GPS for some quick and dirty Wardriving with Windows?  If not, is Kismet the best option for this delicate Coconut + GPS operation and any suggestions on the best pre-compiled USB bootable distro that could be updated to work with Coconut?  Mahalo

• 2 weeks later...

A simple Pineapple would be good for this. I would argue that you

On 8/21/2022 at 12:04 PM, jholbrookftl said:

Speaking of wardriving, I would love to get a version of this that does not need a computer to make it operate. I would love to attach a 10kmah battery to this thing and hide it in an office and come back to get it later.

I would argue that a Pineapple would be plenty good enough for this. You don't need all 2.4GHz channels for a stationary office location, especially if there is little to no overlap in the chosen location.

Apparently I'm answering a lot of questions myself these days.  Maybe it's a sign a senility.

Windows cannot support Kismet as GPS through USB and likely Coconut USB devices cannot be passed to the Linux layer. 

From the installation notes: "Unfortunately, it is not possible to use the WiFi Coconut with Kismet on Windows, because the WSL and WSL2 environments do not support passing USB devices to the Linux layer."

On 8/30/2022 at 9:12 AM, DramaKing said:

A simple Pineapple would be good for this. I would argue that you

I would argue that a Pineapple would be plenty good enough for this. You don't need all 2.4GHz channels for a stationary office location, especially if there is little to no overlap in the chosen location.

While technically correct, I would still like to use the coconut for this since. I am also looking into the hopefully not too distant future where we have a coconut pro that does all channels on both bands, or at least another that monitors 5 and now 6 ghz.

Archived