Issues with ATTACKMODE HID STORAGE

joe5

As far as I can tell, ATTACKMODE HID STORAGE isn't working for me. On both linux and macos, the ducky seems to only appear as an HID device in this mode - it doesn't show up as storage at all. Has anyone else experienced this? Are there workarounds?

I've been using the new USB Rubber Ducky for almost a year now, testing on dozens of computers — Windows, Mac, Linux, ChromeOS, iOS, Android... You name it. I have never experienced this.

Can you paste the entire contents of your payload? Is storage working if you try only ATTACKMODE STORAGE with no HID option?

Also, have you defined a custom button definition? If not, what does pressing the button do (the default is to enter "arming mode" — aka ATTACKMODE STORAGE)?

And finally, you're generating the payload with PayloadStudio, not the old jsencoder — right?

Thanks for the response - I was using the old encoder, which seems to be the root of this issue. I've switched to PayloadStudio and am no longer experiencing this problem (although I am running into the issues with key combos getting truncated that have already been addressed in other threads). Thanks!

On 8/18/2022 at 2:52 PM, joe5 said:

Thanks for the response - I was using the old encoder, which seems to be the root of this issue. I've switched to PayloadStudio and am no longer experiencing this problem (although I am running into the issues with key combos getting truncated that have already been addressed in other threads). Thanks!

I had the same issue today! I was using the old encoder.

Just now, raxhenizer said:

I have the same problem (using the Payloadstudio pro). I don't know how to recover from this as well.

I used the code in the book (page 96). It does not show up as a storage device anymore (MAC and Windows).

first example

On 8/30/2022 at 1:03 PM, raxhenizer said:

I fixed it by removing the SD card from the ducky, removed the inject.bin using my PC, loaded another inject.bin (simple string hello) and now it's working (the button can set it in storage mode again).

Im having the same issue but changing the inject.bin file did not fix this for me, nor did it execute the string hello. I haven't been able to get mine to work and the light does not flash red with no MicroSD, I ordered another to see if its just faulty but they are currently backordered so we'll see in 45 days I guess.

On 8/30/2022 at 1:03 PM, raxhenizer said:

• 5 months later...

I am having a similar issue - the ducky will not present as storage on my Mac. I've tried all combinations of ATTACKMODE (HID, STORAGE, HID STORAGE). The button seems to re-trigger the payload instead of transitioning into arming mode.

Thank you for your quick response. Yes, this is a first gen Ducky (no USB-C). Does the first generation not support ATTACKMODE STORAGE? If not, are you aware of any method for interactive development that doesn't require me to remove the SD card repeatedly?

Thank you very much for your help.

OK, then the post in the wrong section of the forums. This section is about the 2nd gen Ducky. However, the 1st gen Ducky does not support any storage feature like the 2nd gen does. It's possible with alternative firmware, but I wouldn't recommend it. In any way, using ATTACKMODE STORAGE isn't valid for the 1st gen device.

Archived