Is macbook pro 14' or 16" with M1 pro good for cybersecurity and AI?

LocRokx

Hello,

I'am a student doing my bachelor's in computer science with cybersecurity honorsĀ  and I need to buy a new laptop for my uni and for my masters as well. I was wondering if macbook pro 14"/16" with the M1 pro and 16gb or 32gb unified memory would be suitable for the cybersecurity domain and I plan to do a little AI as well. Or should I just buy a windows laptop?

It's rather difficult to say what's good or bad. It all depends on what you define cybersecurity as. For me personally, the Apple ecosystem isn't an option, but that's not necessarily because it is a bad choice at all. It's just because I haven't entered the Apple realm when it comes to tech during my years in the business and it hasn't ever been a target environment for me. I select OS/hardware mainly based on where the clients are, and that is Windows and Linux without a doubt. If it was me, I would most likely buy a Windows machine (with a fair amount of RAM to be able to run virtual machines) and also buy an extra storage device/SSD to run some Linux distro without the need of using virtual machines (swap the storage device when needed and keep the Windows install untouched and intact).

Archived