Pineapple® Mark VII- To slow and buggy to be of any use.

sullenstudent

I recieved my first Wifi Pineapple a few days ago and I am disappointed. When the device does do stuff it is only for a fleeting moment and then it disconnects from wifi and bugs out. This happens repeatedly. I can not imagine taking this to a job and using it in a professional setting. Huge thumbs down. Another over-hyped product that is a waste of time and money. Seems to fit in quite nicely with all of the other infosec garbage on the market. 

I can see that you're already hot and bothered, but try to have some patience. Yes, the Mark VII is buggy. How the team makes videos showing successful handshake captures I don't know, but you can find info here on how to get it to work. Plus, tools like airodump-ng, aircrack-ng, and hcxdumptool work as they do on other devices.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2022 at 12:31 PM, sullenstudent said:

Come to think of it, I would undoubtedly have better luck, and save a lot of time, just going out and asking people for their wifi details.

Seriously! Social engineering is the only route if you're dependent on this device, atm.

14 hours ago, nolaw said:

Seriously! Social engineering is the only route if you're dependent on this device, atm.

Transparency would be nice, since they are charging money for these devices. I am not a idiot when it comes to tech, I am in graduate school for CS. If I can barely get the WiFi Pineapple to work at my home workstation, how am I suppose to do anything productive with it? Well, I suppose when I get time I will just create my own program, or I'll just stick with wifite. 

But I gotta say, man. I am getting tired of all of the garbage online having to do with CyberSecurity. People are real desperate out there and it shows. I will never buy anything from Hak5 again. Just the thought of that solution makes the money I wasted on this useless system, well, not so bad. 

For those of you that work at Hak5, take some pride in what you do and stop ripping off the Cyber community. It's bullshit

On 7/18/2022 at 6:21 PM, DramaKing said:

I can see that you're already hot and bothered, but try to have some patience. Yes, the Mark VII is buggy. How the team makes videos showing successful handshake captures I don't know, but you can find info here on how to get it to work. Plus, tools like airodump-ng, aircrack-ng, and hcxdumptool work as they do on other devices.

Don't drink the cool-aid. When something is a rip off I am going to speak my mind. Something needs to be done about all of these sub par businesses selling under developed devices/software. Imagine if Apple released something as unreliable as the Wifi Pineapple. Our people in the hacking community need to practice patience and produce complete systems. If they need help with development then they need to get help. This is not rocket science. 

10 hours ago, sullenstudent said:

Don't drink the cool-aid. When something is a rip off I am going to speak my mind. Something needs to be done about all of these sub par businesses selling under developed devices/software. Imagine if Apple released something as unreliable as the Wifi Pineapple. Our people in the hacking community need to practice patience and produce complete systems. If they need help with development then they need to get help. This is not rocket science. 

True, but Hak5 is not Apple, and the developers I'm sure have quite limited funds. They need to at least acknowledge the bugs. 

On 7/31/2022 at 2:25 AM, sullenstudent said:

Def don't drink cool-aid, always stick to the orginal Kool-Aid -- can't trust knock offs 🙂 Sorry, it's Sunday funday and I'm trolling a little. I think if you update to 2.1.0 you'll see your stability issue has vanished.

Archived