Invalid Credentials - trouble with resetting device

darkangie

Hello world out there!

My problems with this device just carry on.  Three days I've had it and for three days its been a problem.  My latest problem is that I can't log in to the pineapple because its now telling me that my credentials are 'invalid'.  This is simply just not the case.  Not only do I know the password etc by heart, the credentials are auto saved in my browser so I have no idea why this has occurred.

I have followed the reset instructions but have hit a problem due to my beginner legs.  I am following the instructions but get into trouble when assigning the pineapple an ip address.  The example cites 'eth0' where I need to identify my own pineapple.  I am doing this via 'ifconfig' but I am getting these results below.  I am (perhaps wrongly) assuming that the pineapple will be listed here (it is plugged in with a solid red light) and I have tried assigning the static ip address to 'enp12s0' and 'wlp2s0' but I can't connect to the pineapple with either of these methods.

So, firstly, can anybody tell me why the pineapple has now chosen to not recognise my credentials?  This bug or whatever it is, is really infuriating.  There is no reason for the pineapple to not recognise my credentials.  Even if I can fix this I have low confidence in the hardware now.  Are there any suggestions as to what I can do without resetting it?

Secondly, if I need to reset this can anybody offer me some pointers as what I am doing wrong that is stopping me connecting to the pineapple, or how I correctly get the identifier for the pineapple? 

I thank anyone who takes an interest here.  I did hesitate before I bought this device having read a lot of complaints about buggy software and the like.  But I must admit that I didn't expect something as basic as being locked out in this manner.

Legend status to anyone who comes to my rescue.

Thx Ange.

Below are the results of 'ifconfig' with the pineapple plugged in with a solid red light.

enp12s0: flags=4099<UP,BROADCAST,MULTICAST>  mtu 1500
        ether d4:be:d9:4b:69:82  txqueuelen 1000  (Ethernet)
        RX packets 0  bytes 0 (0.0 B)
        RX errors 0  dropped 0  overruns 0  frame 0
        TX packets 0  bytes 0 (0.0 B)
        TX errors 0  dropped 0 overruns 0  carrier 0  collisions 0
        device interrupt 18  

enx001337a761c8: flags=4163<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST>  mtu 1500
        ether 00:13:37:a7:61:c8  txqueuelen 1000  (Ethernet)
        RX packets 0  bytes 0 (0.0 B)
        TX packets 48  bytes 7659 (7.4 KiB)

lo: flags=73<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING>  mtu 65536
        inet 127.0.0.1  netmask 255.0.0.0
        inet6 ::1  prefixlen 128  scopeid 0x10<host>
        loop  txqueuelen 1000  (Local Loopback)
        RX packets 325  bytes 26937 (26.3 KiB)
        TX packets 325  bytes 26937 (26.3 KiB)

wlp2s0: flags=4163<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST>  mtu 1500
        inet 192.168.11.108  netmask 255.255.255.0  broadcast 192.168.11.255
        inet6 fe80::9ef2:90c:4862:e56e  prefixlen 64  scopeid 0x20<link>
        ether 8c:70:5a:f8:9e:4c  txqueuelen 1000  (Ethernet)
        RX packets 453  bytes 96718 (94.4 KiB)
        TX packets 575  bytes 80195 (78.3 KiB)

It appears that I can't edit the above post of mine.  After a LOT of mucking around I did find find that I could get into the pineapple via the hak5pineapple default and change my root pw which I have done.

For the moment it works, but I'd be keen if someone can offer me some reason for the device rejecting my credentials.  Its a worry.  Is this a known issue?

Thanks for reading.

Thanks for pointing out which of those I should have been using.  I'll know what to do if required again.

Today no problems with logging in to the pineapple and I've now switched to using chromium.  I have no idea what happened but I hope I've seen the last of it.

Ange

Archived