Key croc will not change language to be

David1984

Hi,

I tried to change the language in the config.txt file to "be" 

However the key croc is not changing to Azerty layout so payloads do not execute as it should.

Is there another way to change the keyboard language?

It also doesnt connect to my c2 cloud. Could this keyboard issue be the reason?

Thank you for your help

It was a while ago since I used the Croc, but I seem to remember that I had to force the Croc to use something else than US. Setting the language in config.txt or in the payload didn't matter. I ended up changing/hardcoding the language into the QUACK script file. Not sure if it's relevant to your scenario, but I got it to work that way.

Change line 263 in /usr/local/croc/bin/QUACK from
    language = os.getenv("DUCKY_LANG", default="us").lower()
to
    language = os.getenv("DUCKY_LANG", default="be").lower()

For some reason, it seems as if the Croc isn't reading the DUCKY_LANG variable. I can't at least find any code for that in croc_framework in the parse_config function (where it feels like it should be located).

Try it and see if you get things working. You may also need to inspect the be language file as well since it's not 100% sure it's complete.

• 1 month later...

The environment variables are totally broken in the Key Croc firmware. I fixed it in the fw without changing the default in QUACK a while ago so you can change it as intended. Gonna post it when I find it again.

// Edit: here u go (should be included there): 

• 5 months later...
On 6/21/2022 at 4:46 PM, dark_pyrro said:

It was a while ago since I used the Croc, but I seem to remember that I had to force the Croc to use something else than US. Setting the language in config.txt or in the payload didn't matter. I ended up changing/hardcoding the language into the QUACK script file. Not sure if it's relevant to your scenario, but I got it to work that way.

Change line 263 in /usr/local/croc/bin/QUACK from
    language = os.getenv("DUCKY_LANG", default="us").lower()
to
    language = os.getenv("DUCKY_LANG", default="be").lower()

For some reason, it seems as if the Croc isn't reading the DUCKY_LANG variable. I can't at least find any code for that in croc_framework in the parse_config function (where it feels like it should be located).

Try it and see if you get things working. You may also need to inspect the be language file as well since it's not 100% sure it's complete.

I am not able to find those files "/usr/local/croc/bin/QUACK"
How do I access the actual root and not the arming mode root?

Archived